Views: 837
Size:  52.7 KBName:  20130614_173013.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  67.3 KBName:  20130614_173151_5.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  63.8 KBName:  20130614_173249_1.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  43.2 KB

can art handworks is at it again, redefining the idea of a detroit sign.

I'll be the first to sign the petition to tear down the big circle thing in hart plaza and put that up. Fantastic work!

JBMcB
    Have you ever gotten up close to see all the work that went into "the big circle thing" AKA Transcending, that was made by artists David Barr and Sergio DeGusti? Barr's huge work was no small feat and the detail of DeGusti's relief pieces surrounding it was no small feat.
    I hope your not talking about Noguchi's fountain, it does have a "circle thing" to it.

While I love the whirlygiggs on Wilkinson X Chene I wouldn't want to replace it with the current work in Hart Plaza.

Ive always wondered and loved the work over there near Chene and Gratiot on Wilkinson.. Anyone have any clue to who does it? I would love to be able to get inside and see the work. Closest I got to getting in was getting kicked off his front steps because I was drinkin a beer on his stoop, but I never did ask to see the sculpture up close.
    Last edited by Django; June-20-13 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Nikolai

Very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    JBMcB
    Have you ever gotten up close to see all the work that went into "the big circle thing" AKA Transcending, that was made by artists David Barr and Sergio DeGusti? Barr's huge work was no small feat and the detail of DeGusti's relief pieces surrounding it was no small feat.
    I hope your not talking about Noguchi's fountain, it does have a "circle thing" to it.

While I love the whirlygiggs on Wilkinson X Chene I wouldn't want to replace it with the current work in Hart Plaza.

Ive always wondered and loved the work over there near Chene and Gratiot on Wilkinson.. Anyone have any clue to who does it? I would love to be able to get inside and see the work. Closest I got to getting in was getting kicked off his front steps because I was drinkin a beer on his stoop, but I never did ask to see the sculpture up close.
    The amazing Carl Neilbock:
    http://metrotimes.com/arts/re-creati...roit-1.1371702

JBMcB
    This is exactly what I was going to say. Take some time and go down there on a non-festival day and read all of the tiles and take in exactly what the artists were trying to express. Its a really moving piece and is probably my art favorite thing downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by motz View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to say. Take some time and go down there on a non-festival day and read all of the tiles and take in exactly what the artists were trying to express. Its a really moving piece and is probably my art favorite thing downtown.
    Yes I've seen it up close. The problem is most people see it from their car on Woodward, where it looks like a big circle thing. I don't have a problem with it per se, it's just in a very conspicuous location - I think something a bit more attention grabbing would go better where it is. I think it would look better on the waterfront than on the street.

Thanks Marsha for the link. Im surprised I dont know him.

Do you remember meeting me with Gannon at the record shop? Just curious.

Thanks Marsha for the link. Im surprised I dont know him.

Do you remember meeting me with Gannon at the record shop? Just curious.
    You're welcome. I'm glad I remembered that article - it came out during one of the arts fests last year. This guy is amazing. I'm surprised you don't know him too, in fact I read your post two or three times to make sure we were talking about the same guy, because this is the kinda guy you'd know, poking around Detroit the way you do.

Yes, of course I remember you. The Belle Isle rock artist. I hope I see you Sunday at the picnic, so that I will know someone, what with Gannon out of town.