Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default John Bennett For City Council

I said, on the Mike Duggan thread, that i would abstain from voting, now that he's off the ballot. I said that the Council candidates do not impress me and no need to vote.

I mis-stated.
    I do like John Bennett very much. He is smart, balanced and dedicated.

He has an interesting history. he was one of the first to publically state that KK was stiffing the City he was elected to lead. When the Freep was still cheering KK, Bennett was posting the trth on his website [[he did report a lot of unsubstantiated stuff and rumors but he never claimed to be a professional journalist).

I would go to the polls to cast a vote for him. And I'm going to send him the money I would have given the Duggan campaign.

The options for Mayor are just sickening. I fear that any good that Kevyn Orr does will quickly be undone by the cast of boobs that are running for Mayor.

Perhaps council will be strong enough to render the future Mayor powerless.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    The options for Mayor are just sickening. I fear that any good that Kevyn Orr does will quickly be undone by the cast of boobs that are running for Mayor.
    Agreed. This is the most useless group of people that have ever run for Detroit mayor. Very disheartening...