Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ransom Gillis House.

There we go again. Got myself lost in the internet somehow. I read the article back about Jack White rescuing the masonic temple by coughing up the dough to cancel the tax debt, and somehow went further in Wikipedia. Saw that the temple was partly designed by [[nomen est omen) George Mason. And saw his resume of what he designed, among which is the Ransom Gillis House.

It's a nice house, if you see the picture on wikipedia if you go back a hundred years or so. A more recent picture showed the house only moments from being another Slumpy. But then I read that the house was rescued in 2009. And indeed, another picture on Wiki shows the house in a much better shape that a few years before.

Now, what's the current state of the house? Is it occupied? And are there more houses nearby who have escaped the fate of Slumpy? Pictures please.

Interesting mention of the house in the Freep from just a few days ago....

http://www.freep.com/article/20130616/ENT03/306170018/Low-winter-sun-Detroit