Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Message in a bottle circa 1915 - Harsens Island

http://www.freep.com/article/2013061...arsen-s-Island

Interesting story. A rather mundane act in 1915 becomes an interesting story 97 years later.

That's a very cool find! I actually fish that spot often and the bottom there is littered with debris from the old Tashmoo dock [[I've "donated" lots of lures to it ). There's normally guys diving it just about every weekend in the summer, so I'm surprised it took this long for someone to find that bottle.

Awesome story; better than a cup of coffee.

My Grandfather was raised on Harsen's Island as a child. His Step-Father owned the old hotel The Aurther House, between the old New Club Hotel and the Old Club. I have many great memories of Harsen's Island. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Sending out an S.O.S. - Sting

Descendants of message writer thrilled over bottle's discovery
    http://www.freep.com/article/20130619/NEWS05/306190026/