Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bangledeshi Festival in Hamtramck on Conant this weekend 6/15/2013

They usually start around 6 pm. Food food food, pretty Bangledeshi clothes. Every beautiful woman out there needs some pretty Bangledeshi clothes. I live next to two Bangledeshi clothing stores so I'm an expert now.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    They usually start around 6 pm. Food food food, pretty Bangledeshi clothes. Every beautiful woman out there needs some pretty Bangledeshi clothes. I live next to two Bangledeshi clothing stores so I'm an expert now.
    Sari to hear that.......

Honky Tonk / Sari to hear that.......
    Yes, it can be disturban...
    Last edited by canuck; June-16-13 at 07:07 AM.

I love to wear a bit of the flowing skirts and what not ala that style to add to my wardrobe. I missed the festival though unless it continues today... Going over to Hammy to get my produce, where a great deal can be had!

Love that Bengali food though. Stopped by for a little taste yesterday. Ran into some nice folks too.

It runs through Sunday night [[always has in the past anyway).

My wife and I walked down and bought tandoori chicken and stuff to bring home. While you are there, you might want to buy your dinner at Aladin instead [[which is right there). They have a bigger variety, their food is inexpensive. I love to eat there and try things I never had before. They have one soup which is really, really good. The vegetables are fresh with no weird thickeners in it. It is the same quality as a home made soup you would make for yourself.

They have a LOT of vegetarian dishes which is what I have been experimenting with, even though I am not a vegetarian.

We like to people watch and look at all the pretty, glittering sari's.

The Bangledeshi are late night people, so not much will be happening til 6 pm, but you can always go to Aladin any time.

I am unaffiliated with Alladin. I just eat there.
    Last edited by RickBeall; June-16-13 at 02:12 PM.

^^^ Great. A new place to go! Love it.....

It runs through Sunday night [[always has in the past anyway).

My wife and I walked down and bought tandoori chicken and stuff to bring home. While you are there, you might want to buy your dinner at Aladin instead [[which is right there). They have a bigger variety, their food is inexpensive. I love to eat there and try things I never had before. They have one soup which is really, really good. The vegetables are fresh with no weird thickeners in it. It is the same quality as a home made soup you would make for yourself.

They have a LOT of vegetarian dishes which is what I have been experimenting with, even though I am not a vegetarian.

We like to people watch and look at all the pretty, glittering sari's.

The Bangledeshi are late night people, so not much will be happening til 6 pm, but you can always go to Aladin any time.

I am unaffiliated with Alladin. I just eat there.
    Do you like it better then Zam-Zam?

I hear music coming in my window. I think the Deshi festival is rockin'. Come on down!

Zam Zam's is closed now. Zam Zams food was rather uneven. But yes I do like Alladin better than Zam Zam's. More interesting variety. And tastes great, of course. And less expensive. :-)

I hear music coming in my window. I think the Deshi festival is rockin'. Come on down!

Zam Zam's is closed now. Zam Zams food was rather uneven. But yes I do like Alladin better than Zam Zam's. More interesting variety. And tastes great, of course. And less expensive. :-)
    I have a serious jones for food from that side of the world. Thanx, I'll have to check Alladin out.

We stopped by Aladdin a few weeks ago upon realizing Zam-Zam was closed again. Atmosphere, bright colors, open floor plan, and a great waiter. The food, better than Zam-Zam, [[though, they were good) but WAY better atmosphere. Almost every entree is under $10.

Conant Ave. is known as Bangladeshi Village. Most of the hot Sanskrit signed mom and pop stores from blocks galore. You'll love its cafes, sari shops and Sikh and Buddha Temples. Those Bangladeshis know how to set up shop here in Hamtramck.