Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Selling Photos of Detroit

Im interested in selling my photos of Detroit. I am not a professional photographer by any means.
    I have posted some of my photos on here but not my best. I was wondering if someone on here sells photos of Detroit or photos of anything for that matter online?

I have opened a Istockphoto account but Im confused as to how it works. If someone on here has a stockphoto account please help!

Thanks in Advance!

French, I have a lightbox stockphoto account but have never really used it. Do you have a photo blog or flickr account that I can see some of your work?

You could just use flickr to start. Tag everything relevant to the photo. From time to time, you'll find someone who needs the photo because it represents a business or interesting place in a particular neighborhood. I had a bunch of generic Cleveland skyline shots that got bought up by a few businesses. I never once thought people would take interest since there are much better/higher quality ones out there.

I don't know what it is called or how you do it, but make sure you put one of those transparent banner things across the photo to prohibit someone from copying it and using it without your permission. I know there's someone here who knows the proper term and technique.

grumpyoldlady... Sorta like a watermark but for a photo?

French, I've been using aminus3 to publish my photos. It gets them more global exposure pardon the pun.

http://www.flickr.com/search/people/?q=Reborn%20Detroit

Click on Favorites. Those are my best. Feel free to browse all though

Nice stuff! You have a very good eye.