Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Early chevrolet question.

Aside from the mundane of currant goings on,does anybody know when the 1960 Chevrolet was first made available to the general public?

Did the the new production year follow the next available model year started in August of the previous year ie: the 1960 model available in August of 1959?

Thanks

i'm pretty sure it did. Which Chevy model? "early chevrolet" makes me think 1910s-1920s

You mean this one?

In the 1970's I can recall most of the new models came out in the fall of the previous year [[just before the autoshow season). I am not old enough to remember the 60's!

Yes in the fall of the prior year.

Back before the mid-late 70s the new models always came out in October of the previous year, it was a big deal. the dealership would soap up the windows and the new model was moved in under cover, and only the good repeat customers could see the new models before the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    You mean this one?

I have had every Chevy from 1939 to 1958 then from 1961 to 1969 ,that one there would look very nice in my garage.

The reason I asked was because I am trying to solve a puzzle that involves a 1960 Chev but occurred in early Nov of 1959 and who would have acess to it before the general public if possible.In Minneapolis.

56packman's Oct date adds a few questions though.