Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

DarkestbeforedawnDetroit Guest

Default Has anybody heard about this Gratiot Developement

I think that's a personal blog of someone.

Even though the project is described in realistic terms, it seems to be a hypothetical project [[I think a student project). Or at least it was done without the involvement of any of the building owners or any investors.

Too bad though, it's the sort of thing we should be doing. They did a good job.

Dennis Kefalinos is part of the project. I heard he's worst slumlord in Detroit. He couldn't get some of his building projects of the ground like the one of W. Fort St and Junction.

This reads like an architectural exercise There's plenty of projects...heck maybe half of the stuff put in front of the industry that remains paper architecture.

Sometimes you'll have developer or even municipalities ask a firm to develop a concept or idea for something that might possibly happen. You get alot of big important people in on the job, have some meetings and then the thing never gets built. Or gets built but is a totally different design.

In a best case scenario, you will actually get paid to do this type of excercise, but that's rare for US clients. So many architecture firms in the past few years would just do jobs for $0 fees making it hard to get by. Fortunately things have improved since the economy has rebounded.