Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Public Safety HQ

Does anyone know when the rehabbed building will be complete and ready for occupancy? The Homicide Squad is currently located in a building on the corner of Woodbridge and St. Antoine, just east of Tower 600 of Ren Cen, and they park wherever they feel like. Stick those DPD placards in their car windows and they are ticket-proof.

I don't know when it will open but I do know it must be the ugliest building on the planet with those weird green panels.

its one of those buildings that is sort of intriguing in renderings and concept but looks awful in the real world.

An utterly hideous boondoggle, built [[or rebuilt) in the wrong place in order to get some other people off of the hook. A huge waste of money for a department that doesn't have enough resources [[or morale) to perform its actual job.

Reading Kevynn Orr's report yesterday, I was struck by home much other investments, besides a headquarters were really needed by the police department in the past few years.

I had read in one report that the HQ was to open this June or July. It is an ugly building. Who did the city hire to design that one? That person had made out like a bandit. Is this the city's idea of a retro look?