Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Rationals In Ferndale

July 24th I think

The Rationals are playing. Its a CD release party [[their 60's recordings are finally coming out on CD, legally that is, this is a twc CD comp by the British label Ace).

At the Magic Bag

diver1369 Guest

How many original Rationals will be playing at this reunion? My understanding is only Scott Morgan.

From Magic Bag's Web site:
    July 24
    THE RATIONALS CD RELEASE PARTY
    Featuring SCOTT MORGAN
    with The Howling Diablos & The Space Heaters
    Doors 8 p.m.
    $12.00 adv.

When I first read the ad in metro times it sounded like a rationals reunion, The last reunion was in the early 90's in bay city.
    The wording on the magic bags website leads me to believe it is scott only.
    I am still going.

diver1369 Guest

I read somewhere that a similar band of players who supported Rodriguez will back up Scott Morgan as the Rationals. Despite the disappointment of it not being a reunion of original members, it's still a strong show.

Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the band practice yesterday and they were awesome! They were dead on with the harmonies for Temptation 'Bout To Get Me and I Need You. It should be a very cool show!

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Wilson View Post
    I saw the band practice yesterday and they were awesome! They were dead on with the harmonies for Temptation 'Bout To Get Me and I Need You. It should be a very cool show!

You called that willy, all the harmonies were great, Now if could have bought the new
    cd at the cd release party, it would have been perfect..

diver1369 Guest

If last night at the Magic Bag were a battle of the bands, the Howling Diablos would have won. Scott Morgan and the Rationals were put in the position of playing after a tight band that has been together for years. Scott and his band played well after a slow start but couldn't catch up to the crowd favorite based on audience response.

All the advertisement for the show stated it was a cd release party so where were the cds? The merchandise table was barren until the show was over and something was being sold from a box for $30. WTF?

Yeah it was a good show and Scott Morgan was on it. Despite all the pain in the ass detours on the freeways getting into Ferndale it was worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    If last night at the Magic Bag were a battle of the bands, the Howling Diablos would have won. Scott Morgan and the Rationals were put in the position of playing after a tight band that has been together for years. Scott and his band played well after a slow start but couldn't catch up to the crowd favorite based on audience response.

All the advertisement for the show stated it was a cd release party so where were the cds? The merchandise table was barren until the show was over and something was being sold from a box for $30. WTF?

Willy said they only had a few cd's to sell, the manufacturer did not ship the cd's in time, said the magic bag would have them this week, it is also available at amazon.com

No way would I have the diablos open for me, its just not a band anybody should follow, they always kill. The main problem was the diablo's crowd left or went up near the bar area, leaving a crowd older than me, and I am old, to cheer.

diver1369 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Moetown View Post
    Willy said they only had a few cd's to sell, the manufacturer did not ship the cd's in time, said the magic bag would have them this week, it is also available at amazon.com

No way would I have the diablos open for me, its just not a band anybody should follow, they always kill. The main problem was the diablo's crowd left or went up near the bar area, leaving a crowd older than me, and I am old, to cheer.
    Thanks for squaring me on that. Too bad about the SNAFU. I'd check out the new Rationals again once they've played a few gigs together or is this a one-off to promote the compilation.

It was a solid show of local artists in a great space, except for all the fu**ing furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    Thanks for squaring me on that. Too bad about the SNAFU. I'd check out the new Rationals again once they've played a few gigs together or is this a one-off to promote the compilation.

It was a solid show of local artists in a great space, except for all the fu**ing furniture.

I think that will be the only show, but it was a big crowd so it could happen again.
    At the last rationals reunion in 1991 they played in ann arbor and bay city, so I could see them playing in ann arbor again.