Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another non-Gilbert related development. 1413 Woodward added to Merchants Row.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013061...-Merchants-Row

I think this is awesome news. I have always loved the look of this building and was honestly surprised it was included in the first place. I think it is the former Pepper's Shoes building.

I always thought that street-level space would be good for retail.

Yup it was Peppers Shoes

Name:  pepper shoes.jpg
Views: 4584
Size:  53.5 KB

This is from Faded Detroit Blog it is not my image. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2uL9b4oOko...pper+shoes.jpg

Before Pepper's it was Baker's. First floor along woodward has always been retail. Unfortunately most of it has been gone for the last 15+ years.

Here is the link to the Curbed article.
    http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...n-in-store.php

Awesome. I tried to rent a loft there when I moved here last summer and they were full. I'd imagine they could use some new units.

Great news. I guess the shortage of downtown housing is starting to get more developments started. While the freep pic shows a tired looking building in need of some TLC, its striking how better it looks than in the Faded Detroit pics with the nasty "modernization" touches.

Great news. I love what Gilbert's doing for the city, and it's great to see other folks getting in on the opportunity too. We need a diverse group of property owners.

More important real developers that will improve the property rather than slumlord speculators that choose to sit on properties and allow them to get run down [[Wurlitzer Building)

Well, I guess it is sort of Gilbert related as Rock Managment is in charge of renting their retail units.

Does anyone know whats happening with the building immediately to the left of 1413? Were supposed to be residential before the economy crashed.

That is the Elliot Building last I remember it was slated for residential before the Super Bowl XL and then quickly fell apart afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by innercitydoc View Post
    Does anyone know whats happening with the building immediately to the left of 1413? Were supposed to be residential before the economy crashed.
    According to the sign in the window, it's going to be a brand new residential with lofts! Leasing soon!

Merchants Row adding another building

http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...n-in-store.php

Workers were preparing to scale the back of the building when I went by at lunch yesterday.

Name:  2015-07-15 12.46.32.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  172.5 KB

I am glad that the buildings on Merchants Row are being restored or remodeled. The former Michigan National Bank building is coming along

Designed by Donaldson & Meier. Valpey Building 1421 Woodward Avenue built in 1896 Lower Woodward Historic District Detroit, MI.

Image taken 6/30/15
    Attached Images Attached Images