Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default A shout out for Rashida Tlaib

Amazing woman. We need to clone her. Her district was expanded and she is really a dynamo. We need many more people like her to represent us. I rarely rave about people, could care less about celebs etc. I am usually tepid in support.

So for the record, I am an awe of this woman. Sumas

I am right there with you! She's the best.

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    I am right there with you! She's the best.
    Is she interested in being Mayor of Detroit? I would volunteer to be her campaign manager. I have qualifications. I own a calendar, and can count up to 365.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I would volunteer to be her campaign manager. I have qualifications. I own a calendar, and can count up to 365.
    No need. Her residency is solid.

How funny. Rashida's residency and qualifications to run were controversial for years. Sge lived it down, greatly to our benefit. Nobody could work harder for Detroit than she does. Hopefully Duggan will too.

From Mlive on March 11, 2010:

"Tlaib's father, Harbi Elabed, spoke with Detroit News rogue columnist Charlie LeDuff about his daughter's political career, but let it slip that when she ran for office, she didn't live in her district."

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Is she interested in being Mayor of Detroit? I would volunteer to be her campaign manager. I have qualifications. I own a calendar, and can count up to 365.
    Honkeytonk, a person of my dreams. A sense of humor, a few brains to match.

She really is amazing and I rarely wax poetic. Sumas

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Honkeytonk, a person of my dreams. A sense of humor, a few brains to match.

She really is amazing and I rarely wax poetic. Sumas
    I wish someone would step up to the plate I could get behind, you know? I WOULD back Rashida. I would back Kim Worthy.

Bump for save big money @ Menard's.

Strange...I would back Kim Worthy too! Odd, rarely meet people who endorse my political support.

Rashida is great. I like who she supports for my district for City Council, even though she's a 2nd choice for me personally. Regardless, more often than not, if I see a Rashida endorsement, they 99% of the time get my support.

I went out to see the ramp the Maroun's built start to get torn down one day on her invite.. Got to watch her [[tastefully) gloat in front of Dan Stamper. It was a good day...

Quote Originally Posted by Toka313 View Post
    Rashida is great. I like who she supports for my district for City Council, even though she's a 2nd choice for me personally. Regardless, more often than not, if I see a Rashida endorsement, they 99% of the time get my support.

I went out to see the ramp the Maroun's built start to get torn down one day on her invite.. Got to watch her [[tastefully) gloat in front of Dan Stamper. It was a good day...
    Anyone would gloat over a Maroun defeat. The whole family is disgusting and self serving. If you get old, never ever, go into one of their nursing homes. That whole family are plain sickos!

I was down at there when a ragtag collection of activists closed down the Ambassador Bridge using the Human Chain technique. It was a bit harry when State Police, Homeland Security, Detroit Police and Wayne County Sheriffs all showed up to cart the protestors away. It got even more freaky when the PoPo commandeered a semi truck to drive through the Human Chain.

Rashida sat down in front of the truck and refused to move. Pretty ballsy. Sure wish every elected representative was as committed to their people.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I was down at there when a ragtag collection of activists closed down the Ambassador Bridge using the Human Chain technique. It was a bit harry when State Police, Homeland Security, Detroit Police and Wayne County Sheriffs all showed up to cart the protestors away. It got even more freaky when the PoPo commandeered a semi truck to drive through the Human Chain.

Rashida sat down in front of the truck and refused to move. Pretty ballsy. Sure wish every elected representative was as committed to their people.
    NS! How cool!

To be truthful, Rashida wasn't alone, with her were several Dyes forum members.

And my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    To be truthful, Rashida wasn't alone, with her were several Dyes forum members.

And my dog
    Thanx Man, for sticking up for my City and doing what's right. Give the dog a head scratch for me, will ya?

Ya Gnome, that's awesome. I remember when you did that. Later...

Rahsida Tlaib is an amazing person. A tremendous assest! I'm proud to have here!