Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Eviction Defense

This is another group that does some serious worthy work. They have helped many of our personal neighbors keep their homes. They give advice, assist with attorneys pro bono and much more.

As a neighborhood group trying to assist a neighbor who lost their home through tax foreclosure action, we found these folk and we did a fund raiser. We raised enough money and with their help we bought the home back.

With their help we have assisted several neighbors with tax and mortgage issues. All they ask is pay it forward, we do not attend all the fund raisers but I always send donations of food to sell at these events.

The most current event coming up is to help the Henderson and Valdez Cruz families in southwest Detroit. The menu is heavy on the Mexican cuisine so I am in heaven. I used to live in New Mexico. Normally I donate my "famous" greek spinach cheese pie but for this event I am donating sour cream apple pies.

This fund raiser has no entry price. Food and live music are provided. Money raised will come from buying food, passing the hat, 50/50 raffles.

Saturday June 15, 5 to 10 @ Garage Cultural 3439 Livernois [[at Otis below Michigan)

Anyone interested in joining or supporting this dedicated group or in need of advice regarding retaining their home should come to their meetings. Every Thursday @ 6PM at St John St Luke on Russell just south of Gratiot.

Sounds like a very worthy group of people and great food!

Amazing and dedicated people. They assist so many. Detroit is a better place because they help folk retain their homes.