Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: spread the love

Default spread the love

Always learn new things that do uplift the heart. On Sundays we ALWAYS buy a paper from a real person/vendor on Venor and Gratiot. I am always charmed by the old time memories but I had no clue that our purchase was funding an org called spread the love foundation. They assist homeless folk and much more. They included a flier with the latest purchase explaining their mission. We have been been supporting a noble cause but had no idea.

Well how cool is that... do they have a web site? Spread the Love Foundation/ Detroit? I could not find anything and want to learn more.

The flier said they assist the homeless, educate Detroiters with slight mental challenges and assist college students. They say they have existed for 20 yrs.

They get limited funding from agencies like the Capuchins, COTS, Detroit Rescue mission etc. The flier says, "we are not asking for a handout because our workers really enjoy selling the papers....purchasing a paper helps us towards the eradiation of homelessness, mentall illness and the empowerment of those aspiring for higher education.

contact email is spreadthelove1234@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    The flier said they assist the homeless, educate Detroiters with slight mental challenges and assist college students. They say they have existed for 20 yrs.

They get limited funding from agencies like the Capuchins, COTS, Detroit Rescue mission etc. The flier says, "we are not asking for a handout because our workers really enjoy selling the papers....purchasing a paper helps us towards the eradiation of homelessness, mentall illness and the empowerment of those aspiring for higher education.

contact email is spreadthelove1234@gmail.com
    That IS AWESOME! Govenment could take a lesson on how to go about getting things done.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-10-13 at 08:28 AM.

I buy the paper on the way to church just cause I was charmed to see a real street vendor. Usually didn't read it til Monday or Tuesday, the news content was slight. The past two weeks the paper has improved its news content. I am posting their flier at church and plan to take it over to Holy Trinity and St Joseph and hope parishioners at churches near us will stop and buy a paper.

I agree Awesome.