Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A pushy reporter gets what's coming to her.

Bother a woman whose child has been shot?

She didn't believe fat meat was greasy until the dogs came out.

That's one pawg who'll think twice about how far she'll go for a story!

Good for her

This has to be an Onion metaphor about the Obama administration letting the IRS and "Justice" Department loose on political opponents and the press.

Anyone that sticks around after they hear "Go get the bat" is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Anyone that sticks around after they hear "Go get the bat" is a complete idiot.
    Reporters stand out in the middle of hurricanes and war zones for a story. They feel telling the public whatever story it is they have to tell trumps all else. I don't mind that tenacity when there really is a story to tell, it is overbearing when they have nothing to tell. No need to stand out in front of a hurricane just to report to us that Bieber blew his nose.

Or that fire burns or water is wet! Apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    She didn't believe fat meat was greasy until the dogs came out.

Few things:

The reporter was doing nothing illegal. She was on public property.

It appears that the crew was backing off [[they appeared to be 1 house down the sidewalk) when the lady came after them with a bat and the dogs.

The lady should have called the authorities and complained rather than attack the reporter and crew.

Maybe we should start a bill to ban assault dogs and assault bat's as this is getting out of and.

I believe I heard "Dumb White B%$tch" come out of the lady's mouth as she was walking away. When should we expect the charges to be escalated to a hate crime?

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Few things:

The reporter was doing nothing illegal. She was on public property.

It appears that the crew was backing off [[they appeared to be 1 house down the sidewalk) when the lady came after them with a bat and the dogs.

The lady should have called the authorities and complained rather than attack the reporter and crew.

Maybe we should start a bill to ban assault dogs and assault bat's as this is getting out of and.

I believe I heard "Dumb White B%$tch" come out of the lady's mouth as she was walking away. When should we expect the charges to be escalated to a hate crime?
    Once the Noose crew files assault charges, bye-bye mama. Also the reporter was bit by one of the dogs. They'll probably be taken away and tested for rabies. She should've just gone in the house. "Get's what's coming to her"? Interesting post. Man, what a lot of flab bouncing between her shorty top and hip-huggers.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-07-13 at 04:39 PM.

Default pawg [[brizee's term) update

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Once the Noose crew files assault charges, bye-bye mama. Also the reporter was bit by one of the dogs. They'll probably be taken away and tested for rabies. She should've just gone in the house. "Get's what's coming to her"? Interesting post. Man, what a lot of flab bouncing between her shorty top and hip-huggers.
    Melissa Lawrence has been charged with two counts of felonious assault. Also, since her dogs have 'disappeared', she has been threatened with 10-30 days if her dogs do not show up. If they don't show up, does that mean that the reporter will be getting rabies shots? The once bitten reporter, Abbey Niezgoda, the Polish word for a quarrelsome person, has a short bio: http://www.abc6.com/story/14997633/abbey-niezgoda

The OP link doesn't work but this is an update showing some of the original footage: http://www.abc6.com/story/22513922/w...at_pco=cfd-1.0

The cameraman did a great job. He kept filming when a stone was thrown at him and recorded enough to get the arrest. Melissa Lawrence is also awesome as a multi-tasker. She had her phone in one hand while throwing with the other. Then she kept up her phone conversation while committing felonies.

I don't see what the reporter did that was wrong. She was asking the woman what she thought now that the person that shot her child had been arrested. This woman needs to sit in a cell.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    I don't see what the reporter did that was wrong. She was asking the woman what she thought now that the person that shot her child had been arrested. This woman needs to sit in a cell.
    And she will.

It's one thing if her child was murdered and the reporter was forcing her way into the situation. Another if her child was still alive, the perp arrested and the reporter was backing off.

I would have grabbed her microphone and winged it onto a roof or something. There are ways to address such situations without committing assault with weapons. Sad, because now her dogs will be put down - which they probably should be anyway, but they don't know any better when folks are training them to attack on command.

Buh bye Melissa. Have fun in jail. Idiots often end up there.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The once bitten reporter, Abbey Niezgoda, the Polish word for a quarrelsome person, ....
    Actually, her last name means disagreement. What relevance does this have to the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Reporters stand out in the middle of hurricanes and war zones for a story. They feel telling the public whatever story it is they have to tell trumps all else. I don't mind that tenacity when there really is a story to tell, it is overbearing when they have nothing to tell. No need to stand out in front of a hurricane just to report to us that Bieber blew his nose.

What, what? When, where? Did Justin Bieber actually blow his nose, and I didnt get to hear about it?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    What, what? When, where? Did Justin Bieber actually blow his nose, and I didnt get to hear about it?
    There's video of it too. All the girls think he's so adorable when he's blowing his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Actually, her last name means disagreement. What relevance does this have to the story?
    Google translate says "disagreement", Bing translate says "discord", and elsewhere someone translated Niezgoda as "quarrelsome person". I don't speak Polish but any of the three translations invite anyone who appreciates irony to reflect on the appropriateness of those definitions given the situation. Does irony have relevance to this story? I'm not sure. It probably depends on the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Google translate says "disagreement", Bing translate says "discord", and elsewhere someone translated Niezgoda as "quarrelsome person". I don't speak Polish but any of the three translations invite anyone who appreciates irony to reflect on the appropriateness of those definitions given the situation. Does irony have relevance to this story? I'm not sure. It probably depends on the reader.
    Actually it means disagreement. I can't remember what the word[[s) are for "quarrelsome person". Lose it if you don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Reporters stand out in the middle of hurricanes and war zones for a story. They feel telling the public whatever story it is they have to tell trumps all else.
    Name:  media.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  40.6 KB
    There's no such thing as investigative reporting anymore. Everyone just mimics each other, repeating the same story over and over that the Government and/or the Parent Corporation that employs them allows them to report on, spinning it in the best way possible to get ratings.
    Last edited by Papasito; June-12-13 at 02:38 PM.

^^^ Nice graphics Papa... long time since I've heard from you......