Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    4real Guest

Default Obama's Apology Tour

When will the President stop ripping on the U.S. everywhere he tours.
    How come he doesn't stand up to the dictator in Iran, Venezeula, Honduras.......
    He wants to bring this country down to low levels and tells everyone how bad this country was and how he is going to change it now that he is in power.

I guess they all know he is weak, amateurish and a naive hack of a leader.

Now the G8 climate vote will help ruin this country's manufacturing even more.
    The earth is cooler now than the last few years and carbon levels are higher.
    That proves there is no correlation between the two correct?

Did someone tune in to Rush this afternoon?

I guess it is better than not apologizing for the last four years of Sherman's/Bush's march to the sea part deux.

I guess showing the world that we are a viable and reliable partner scare the extremist in the "party."

How many manufacturing jobs were sent over seas in the last five months compared to the last eight years?

How many relationships with other countries were lost in the last eight years compared to the last five months?

ummm get back to me on that one will yah.

ccbatson Guest

Look at the results folks...Europe is swinging to the right and CRITICISING Obama for being to liberal, Iran and Korea are progressively ramping uip aggressive militaristic provocations, China and India are refusing to be as stupid as the US regarding Global warming mythology, China laughs Geitner off the stage as he pitches calm for their US investments, Chavez and Castro joke about being more conservative than Obama, and on, and on.

What is the point of apologizing again?

Quote Originally Posted by 4real View Post
    How come he doesn't stand up to the dictator in Iran?
    Who do you feel runs Iran and what do you feel our goal should be for the region?

Diplomacy actually makes better sense for Iran than it does for other many other nations. This isn't just my analysis, but the analysis of the NSA for Carter and the NSA for the first Bush. They are a shiite government surrounded by sunni governments. As such, they have reason to be defensive in such an unstable region.

As our enemy, they have been effective at undermining Israeli peace with Hamas and Hezbollah as well as Iraqi peace. If we become less aggressive with them, they can be equally effective at hurting terrorists in neighboring Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan and bringing Hamas and Hezbollah to the bargaining table. With our support, they can actually take over the role as the region's stabilizing force and do it more effectively than we can because no matter what we do, we will always be seen as a western power in a region that was colonized by the western powers.

You have to consider that Iran is almost a twin to Turkey who we want to bring into the EU. Iran also has a woman Vice President, was an ally with Israel in the eighties, and helped us in over throwing the Taliban. If you want the Iranian factions undermining the hardliners to increase their influence in Iran, undermine the hard liners by removing the enemy they galvanize behind.

ccbatson Guest

Easy, the Mullah's run things and the President is their tool.

Our goals? Defend our interests and survival against our enemies.

You write mission statements for companies before they file for bankruptcy?

I meant a goal that isn't vague bullshit. Do we wish to dominate the region and bend it to our will so we have cheaper oil or do we wish to stabilize the region so we don't risk getting drawn into a prolonged conflict? Do we go it alone or compromise to gain support? How important is an Israeli-Palestinian resolution? How important is a weakened Hezbollah and Hamas? What are we willing to trade for information on Al Queda and other terrorist organizations? Are you proposing a commitment of our military power to force regime change in Iran? If so, do you wish to occupy and stabilize it like we are trying in Iraq? Do you think our long term interest and survival is better with a destabilized Iran? Do you think we should ignore the advice of Brent Scowcroft?
    Last edited by mjs; July-08-09 at 03:09 PM.

ccbatson Guest

No, that would be imperialistic, and we [[the US) are not that. We simply want to diminish or preferably eliminate threats to our [[and our allies) security and interests.

In my field of work I have worked with people from all over the world for years. They all love the United States but hated Bush and his bully tactics. How are you going to fight terrorism if your hated everywhere?
    I don't see this as an apology tour I see it as trying to get along with our nieghbors and undoing the bush's mess.
    Last edited by ddaydetroit; July-08-09 at 03:25 PM.

Going into another country to eliminate threats to our interests and not theirs is a "policy . . . of extending the power and dominion of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas" and thats Merriam-Webster's definition of imperialism. Trust me, the people in that region know what its like to be under the thumb of imperialists.
    Last edited by mjs; July-08-09 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddaydetroit View Post
    In my field of work I have worked with people from all over the world for years. They all love the United States but hated Bush and his bully tactics. How are you going to fight terrorism if your hated everywhere?
    I don't see this as an apology tour I see it as trying to get along with our nieghbors and undoing the bush's mess.
    don't you get it? these wingnut morons, limbaugh-brained blowhards, etc., all think not acting like a bully boy is a sign of weakness. as everyone with two living brain cells knows, bullies are, deep down [[sometimes not so deep), cowards

Look at the right wing responses to Iran ranging from McCain's bomb Bomb Bomb Iran to the Israeli's floating their dolphin Class subs with their Nukes down the Suez...and rattling their traditional sabers about first strikes....if it was up to Bibi and his thugs the only response to Iranian posturing is more belligerent talk...it just takes the pressure off their constant construction, closures of Gaza and obstruction to real peace talks with the Palestinians...the right wing governments do not want peace..Hamas nor Likud/ or whatever BiBi is calling himself today.

you ever wonder what would happen if the Palestinian/Israel conflict was resolved Justly? That would take much of the fodder off the streets and parties that benefit from the conflict would lose their power...guess that would mean an end to illegal action on all parties sides...um mm that sure beats the beating of war drums..killing innocents and not solving the core issue of the middle-east.

cc want to diminish threats to our allies..a little tough love to those we can influence and those we can't well again solve the one conflict and you solve a major recruitment for the other...time for a new paradigm over there...since we can't count on the old one being effective any longer.

Gibran, you make too much rational sense for many of the righties on this board to comprehend.

They prefer the tired and failed rhetoric of the last 8 years to any real results.

Lorax Guest

Who's listening to the Rethuglican Reich anyway?

Theses people are nothing more than frothing skunkasses who pander to the base at every chance they get.

Palin, Rush, & Hannity appeal only to the Mullet Minions of the fascist right.

They can say Obama is on his "apology tour" a term coined by Hannity, I believe, so consider the source. There is no more socially retarded individual in America.

Obama has been a complete statesman in each of his overseas trips- this one is no different.

Let's just use the ignore feature on the Reich.

4sarcasm likes to post inflammatory threads just so he can sit back and giggle at all the responses he receives. He's probably high fiveing himself in the mirror over the attention.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    4sarcasm likes to post inflammatory threads just so he can sit back and giggle at all the responses he receives. He's probably high fiveing himself in the mirror over the attention.
    Or blogging with one hand.

ccbatson Guest

Lorax, keep believing that nobody is listening. In the meanwhile, polls are showing a big shift, and tens of thousands are meeting in a series of peaceful protests [[these tea parties), and ratings for conservative talk radio and Fox are booming.

ccbatson Guest

Oh, forgot one more indicator...book sales for conservative commentary are exceeding all prior precedents [[Dick Morris, and Mark Levin in particular very recently).

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Lorax, keep believing that nobody is listening. In the meanwhile, polls are showing a big shift, and tens of thousands are meeting in a series of peaceful protests [[these tea parties), and ratings for conservative talk radio and Fox are booming.
    Gee I heard the Germans in the 1930's drew crowds too...

Oh, forgot one more indicator...book sales for conservative commentary are exceeding all prior precedents [[Dick Morris, and Mark Levin in particular very recently).
    Does that include the thousands he[[Levin) gets for free and gives away to listeners whom he deems worthy? Thats a great ploy to artificially inflate the numbers.

and tens of thousands are meeting in a series of peaceful protests [[these tea parties), and ratings for conservative talk radio and Fox are booming.
    How are the tea-baggers doing these days?

As for ratings on AM radio and Fox, well, Britney Spears and reality TV have huge ratings, but I wouldn't exactly call their content quality, American's tend to have lousy tastes and many only tune in to what is forced down their throats.

Yet, people voted for Obama and a bunch of other Democrats. I'll take election results over polls anyday.

Some of us understand reality.

Lorax Guest

The only thing booming at Fox is Hannity's fit of diarrhea. The "big shift" you are referring to is no doubt Rush adjusting himself in his chair.

How is all that tea-bagging workin' out for ya? Must get tiring having "Talon News journalist" Jeff Gannon Guckert's "military stud.com" scrotum dragged across the faces of conservative America.

You do know what "tea bagging" really means, don't you? LOL!!!
    Last edited by Lorax; July-09-09 at 11:50 PM.

Lorax Guest

LOL!!

You mean prostitute toe sucker Dick Morris? Ah, yes, the very same.

No credibility issue here.

Mark Levin? LOL!!

Another tripe-writing fascist with an agenda.

Fox's top news shows crack what, MAYBE 2-3 million viewers? Yeah, that's quite a significant percentage of the American population. I'll put it in perspective for you, Fox News' highest rated show [[the O'Reilly Factor) gets lower ratings than SpongeBob Squarepants on Nickelodeon. NCIS reruns on the USA network get higher ratings than Fox News' primetime shows.

And these "tea parties" attracting tens of thousands of people? Yeah, that's great. Did you forget that Obama was known to attract tens of thousands of people in just a single city for his campaign rallies? Some of his rallies attracted upwards of 70,000 to 80,000 people, and that's just in one location. So the "nationwide" turnout for these tea parties being in the tens of thousands is rather pathetic by most standards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast