Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

how sad. She always reminded me of my grandma

A brilliant actress. What a character! I can hear her voice calling Ahhhhchie! from the kitchen!

How I loved that show. Bunker was an incredible character for any audience, you hated his bigotry but somehow loved him for what he was. It was a pretty difficult balancing act. And Edith was so loveable, not a mean bone in her, totally loving of all humanity. By far my favorite pogrom in all of Teeveeland.

RIP Jean Stapleton.
    Last edited by canuck; June-01-13 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    A brilliant actress. What a character! I can hear her voice calling Ahhhhchie! from the kitchen!

How I loved that show. Bunker was an incredible character for any audience, you hated his bigotry but somehow loved him for what he was. It was a pretty difficult balancing act. And Edith was so loveable, not a mean bone in her, totally loving of all humanity. By far my favorite pogrom in all of Teeveeland.

RIP Jean Stapleton.
    Aw geez, stifle it, canuck, will ya? I saw Jean Stapleton, live, in a play @ the Fisher. I never remembered her in anything else but her character in the Archie series, and I remember being impressed by her acting ability outside of that.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-02-13 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Aw geez, stifle it, canuck, will ya? I saw Jean Stapleton, live, in a play @ the Fisher. I never remembered her in anything else but her character in the Archie series, and I was remember being impressed by her acting ability outside of that.
    I saw her in a couple of plays, and othe filmed entertainments. In one of the plays, her character was a very dark one. It was weird watching her as Edith the next time I saw AITF, but I got over it. She was a treasure

Honky Tonk; Hey Meathead, get off of my chair!

You could see her range even in some episodes of AITF. I recall the episode where a home invader attacked "Edith", threatening to rape and kill her and she was able to out smart him and escape... very moving. She will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I saw her in a couple of plays, and othe filmed entertainments. In one of the plays, her character was a very dark one. It was weird watching her as Edith the next time I saw AITF, but I got over it. She was a treasure