Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A question about old Detroit Phone Directories.

I live outside the state of Michigan, have for over 40 years.
    I have been for the past few years, attempting to locate to purchase [at a reasonable price] two Detroit Phone Directories [in good condition with all pages intact and no mildew] from the period of ranging from 1965 to 1967.
    I have been looking for both White and Yellow pages and have had no luck what so ever.
    Not on ebay, or Craig's List, or any other open sale forum.
    Has anyone have any idea where I may find the type of phone directories.
    Thanks for any response.

Detroit Phone Directories are hard to find. I have been looking for years now and they dont come up that offen. I have found a few, but most people think there worth more then a Detroit house. I have looked at John Kings but have had no luck. Wish you luck with your hunt, and if you find any you dont want let me know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldtvsandtoys View Post
    Detroit Phone Directories are hard to find. I have been looking for years now and they dont come up that offen. I have found a few, but most people think there worth more then a Detroit house. I have looked at John Kings but have had no luck. Wish you luck with your hunt, and if you find any you dont want let me know. Thanks
    I see all these urban explorer short films on youtube in concerns to Detroit. I see phone book laying on the floors of building that have been abandon for 40 or more years; you think someone would see the treasures that lay in the trash....wow

There may be a library in Detroit or maybe Royal Oak that carries those books. I have seen them.
    Quote Originally Posted by highjinx2 View Post
    I see all these urban explorer short films on youtube in concerns to Detroit. I see phone book laying on the floors of building that have been abandon for 40 or more years; you think someone would see the treasures that lay in the trash....wow

Not sure exactly what you're seeking these for, but you might expand your search to Bresser's Guides, old-fashioned criss-cross directories that had much of the same information. Then again, they may be even rarer...

I wish they could be found online. For some reason I am interested in old phone numbers and what they are linked to now.