Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ask the Councilwoman!

I'm not surprised that former councilwoman Conyers is holding on to her tv show. Now that she is no longer the "president pro tem" she has to somehow keep her face on television. That said, I thought it was funny as hell when Conyers was ranting that the media never said anything good about the things she had done. She exposed herself as a fraud because a selfless individual would never do acts of good for mere press. Being a narcissist is the reason why no one said anything good about her. Oh, well I suppose the least the citizens of Detroit could get is a good laugh.
    Last edited by Lowell; July-08-09 at 08:17 AM.

This article is confirmation [[as if we needed it) that she is bat-shit crazy.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...o-her-problems

My favorite quotes: "Who knows, maybe I'll get a national sit-com!"

-AND-

"Former City Councilwoman Monica Conyers says all her problems stem from helping people. 'This whole situation has gotten to the point where I don't want to help people. That's a sad situation,' Conyers told viewers..."

Please, Monica, please stop trying to "help" Detroit.

I want to know WHEN she is going to jail?

Give it up MON CON we really have heard enough of your nonense.

I haven't seen MonCon's show, but I am wondering is the Theme music "The Merry go round broke down" from the Looney Tune Cartoons? She reminds me of Sylvester Cat without the lisp.

One of the most telling things about Monica's behavior is her utter lack of remorse or even embarassment about her acts. She is an embarassment to herself, her husband and his career, the rest of her family, and the City of Detroit. She makes a laughing stock of herself every time she opens her mouth., and she doesn't even see that. I watched her sparing with the media on Channel 7 last night and all I could think of WHO THE HELL DOES SHE THINK SHE IS? She actually believes the crap that comes out of her own mouth....now that is scary

Doesn't anyone realize that she is acting crazy to plead insanity and get out of going to jail?

Just look at her actions over the last year plus and all that she has done and said... she can plead that her fall at cobo shook her brain or when she was in the bar fight she suffered drain bamage..

I've come to the conclusion that this woman is delusional and full of pride. I wish she would just once own up to her mistakes. Instead, she always finds a way to blame somebody else. If she would just say, "Look, I've messed up and I take full responsibility for my actions.", I would have some respect for her.

How can I get a television show? I have plenty to share.
    Last edited by jita1; July-08-09 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastdetroit48224 View Post
    Doesn't anyone realize that she is acting crazy to plead insanity and get out of going to jail?

Just look at her actions over the last year plus and all that she has done and said... she can plead that her fall at cobo shook her brain or when she was in the bar fight she suffered drain bamage..
    Her plea is already in and it was guilty, not insane. Her sentencing is scheduled for September I believe. She won't be going to jail, although you will be able to find her in a Federal penitentiary...

detroitbred, you've said it all.

Eastdetroit, I don't beleive for one minute that Monica's ego would allow her to plead insanity. [[ even though it is very apparent that she has some mental health issues for sure ) She is too full or herself to ever admit she has any faults or has done anything wrong. She will never admit she has brought any of this on herself.........everyone else is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by jita1 View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that this woman is delusional and full of pride. I wish she would just once own up to her mistakes. Instead, she always finds a way to blame somebody else. If she would just say, "Look, I've messed up and I take full responsibility for my actions.", I would have some respect for her.

How can I get a television show? I have plenty to share.
    Former councilwoman Conyers suffers from a sense of entitlement and lack of humility. She will never admit that she was greedy and she f'd up. Being the wife of a congressman means you don't have to say I'm sorry.

A person who is remorseful would use her show to explain the evils that lie in wait when you are a politician. She can't do that because she believes her actions was warranted due to privilege. She wants to rant that no one can say nice things about her. Calling people drunk and Shrek don't deserve nice things to be said about you.

diver1369 Guest

Sounds like Monica has been dipping into the dog food again.

Quote Originally Posted by ruxy17 View Post
    My favorite quotes: "Who knows, maybe I'll get a national sit-com!"
    Yeah...it's called the New York State Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amazed View Post
    I want to know WHEN she is going to jail?

Give it up MON CON we really have heard enough of your nonense.
    She is suppose to be sentenced in November. Lets pray the judge gives her the max, in the name of JUSTICE.

I hate to admit this but, in some slight way, I'm going to miss her when she's locked up [[thought I hope I miss her for a LONG time). Other than image, she can't really hurt the city any more and MAN! do I get a laugh out of her antics, comments, etc. Okay, we still have Martha the vandal and Babs-Rose but NOBODY can stick a foot in it like good old Mon-CON

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    A person who is remorseful would use her show to explain the evils that lie in wait when you are a politician.
    One thing most people overlook is that you can learn from other's mistakes. A person need not be a saint to show others that certain paths in life lead to misery. I think most people will look at Monica and avoid her mistakes just because they see where it gets her. Monica is far too delirious to see it herself, but I think 90% of the rest of us see the bafoon [[and soon to be jailbird) she is loud and clear!

I received my absentee ballot today. There she is as big as life, Monica Conyers!
    I'll bet a six pack of Pabst she gets through the primary even if not eligible to hold a seat. Name recognition and denial go a long way with voters in our city.

Don't worry folks. The vaudeville will continue. Hundreds of candidates will come out of the woodwork, in search of a job that pays $81,000.00 annually with no requirements, other than name recognition. Is there any reason to doubt that the same voters who chose Monica, Martha, Babs, and others will be any more discerning next time?
    A ward system might help some, and perhaps the new City Charter will include one, but there is little to suggest any improvement soon.