Submission Deadline is July 13, 2013.
    http://hatchdetroit.com/comerica-hatch-detroit-contest/

Has anyone been to Hugh?

Quote Originally Posted by 48205to24 View Post
    Comerica's Hatch Detroit Contest Returns June 3
    Submission Deadline is July 13, 2013.
    http://hatchdetroit.com/comerica-hatch-detroit-contest/

Has anyone been to Hugh?
    I've been - I'm more likely to visit Nora though.

I'm really excited for La Feria to open.

I've been to Hugh. It's a really cool store. I bought my groomsmen gifts there. Good stuff and reasonably priced. They do have some pricy stuff in there too.

I'm more likely to visit Nora though.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm more likely to vist Nora as well. However, I might check it out for my husband though.
    Its good to see many of the submissions that didnt win are still opening up businesses- Vegan Soul, Pot and Box, etc

I know. I get excited for this contest. I really like learning about the businesses and then voting for them. I will say this....I'm pulling for retail this year. I'll vote for whoever I think is the best but I feel like restaurant choices aren't as much of a problem in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by 48205to24 View Post
    I think I'm more likely to vist Nora as well. However, I might check it out for my husband though.
    Its good to see many of the submissions that didnt win are still opening up businesses- Vegan Soul, Pot and Box, etc
    It's got some really interesting stuff in there. Definitely worth a look.

A new clothing store, Human, just opened up over there on Friday. Small but cute selection - exclusively local designers.

I was wondering about that place. Maybe I'll go check it out this weekend. You know it'd also be cool if it was a business that includes some type of unique activity. Drive Table Tennis comes to mind as an example. Something that is cool but isn't very common. I know that river sports company was a finalist last year, but I'm not a water guy so it didn't excite me even though that type of business fits my previous statement perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    I was wondering about that place. Maybe I'll go check it out this weekend. You know it'd also be cool if it was a business that includes some type of unique activity. Drive Table Tennis comes to mind as an example. Something that is cool but isn't very common. I know that river sports company was a finalist last year, but I'm not a water guy so it didn't excite me even though that type of business fits my previous statement perfectly.
    Gotta say, I'm impressed with Drive. I didn't know if table tennis would really be that popular but they've done a good job there. They've even booked wedding receptions.

Do they have their liquor license yet?

Do they have their liquor license yet?
    They've submitted the papers but I don't believe they have it. So they have complimentary drinks in the meantime [[though you are limited to one).

They've been waiting for that for awhile I think. I was talking to Diallo a few months ago and I think he was still waiting for it.

They've been waiting for that for awhile I think. I was talking to Diallo a few months ago and I think he was still waiting for it.
    They submitted the paperwork in mid April. No idea how long it takes after that.

Coincidentally, Drive did submit something for Hatch last year and didn't get past the preliminary round. Indeed, Hatch is but one of multiple ways for businesses to get off the ground in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by michimoby View Post
    Coincidentally, Drive did submit something for Hatch last year and didn't get past the preliminary round. Indeed, Hatch is but one of multiple ways for businesses to get off the ground in Detroit.
    Yeah, I donated to Drive's kickstarter campaign. Still gotta cash in that hour-table reservation one of these days!

Ok. Then I was wrong. Do they have live music yet? I know he was talking about that too.