Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Teen Charged With Terrorism In Polish Fair Threat

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...h-fair-threat/

I am curious what is the ethnic background of the teen and on what basis they are charging him on terrorism. Do they have any information that he was going to kill people in furtherance of anti-American ideology? Was he linked to any foreign groups? Or, is it because he was going to commit a mass shooting, and this is considered domestic terrorism. If so, I am unsure if his ethnic identity has anything to do with the charge. I am curious to find out the details. If anybody knows, please discuss.

Yeah... terrorism is a specific thing.

There needs to be political motivation, and it needs to be non-government people attacking civilians. In this case the second two conditions are fufilled but there doesn't seem to be a political motivation.

The Sandy Hook school shooting isn't terrorism because there was no political motive. The attack on the embassy in Benghazi isn't terrorism because the government was attacked, not civilians.

Good thing they got him though. Shooting people up is bad either way.

I'm not one to be coy. Basically, you can tell from the photo of his hand that he is likely African-American. Whether he is foreign-born or first generation or whatnot, we have no way of knowing.

Authorities seem to like to pile on charges of terrorism even if they don't stick.

However I'd be inclined to let this one. He seemed to have every intention of throwing the normal social order into anarchy and chaos through extreme violence on civilians.

Also St. Mary's is a Polish and, obviously, Catholic Church, so you are in a way dealing with an ethnic and religious subset of the population. We also don't know what else he may have said that may have had political or ethnic connotations.

Send him to Gitmo and let him post to all his hoodlum friends about his adventures there. Maybe they'll think twice about threatening innocent Americans.

Funny thing - fairs to me were places to go with my family, friends, and to bring a girl on a date. His mom may not have loved him enough to bring him up in such a way, but at least her friend hooked him up with a handgun, as noted in other articles.

When will people start taking responsibility for their children and giving half a flying fuck about them? Once they get charged with terrorism or killed and then they wail on camera about how he was "such a good kid." Yeah, right. Well, let the courts sort this one out and the people enjoy their fair.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I'm not one to be coy. Basically, you can tell from the photo of his hand that he is likely African-American. Whether he is foreign-born or first generation or whatnot, we have no way of knowing.

Authorities seem to like to pile on charges of terrorism even if they don't stick.

However I'd be inclined to let this one. He seemed to have every intention of throwing the normal social order into anarchy and chaos through extreme violence on civilians.

Also St. Mary's is a Polish and, obviously, Catholic Church, so you are in a way dealing with an ethnic and religious subset of the population. We also don't know what else he may have said that may have had political or ethnic connotations.

Send him to Gitmo and let him post to all his hoodlum friends about his adventures there. Maybe they'll think twice about threatening innocent Americans.

Funny thing - fairs to me were places to go with my family, friends, and to bring a girl on a date. His mom may not have loved him enough to bring him up in such a way, but at least her friend hooked him up with a handgun, as noted in other articles.

When will people start taking responsibility for their children and giving half a flying fuck about them? Once they get charged with terrorism or killed and then they wail on camera about how he was "such a good kid." Yeah, right. Well, let the courts sort this one out and the people enjoy their fair.
    I think they should throw him in the slammer, and make him eat pierogi's 'till he pukes.

We're the boys from Orchard Lake you hear so much about and everybody looks at us whenever we go out! We're noted for our wisdom and funny things we do and everybody likes us we hope you like us too...........

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I think they should throw him in the slammer, and make him eat pierogi's 'till he pukes.
    Kraut pierogi at that

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

How can you tell by that photo of a hand that the person is African-American?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Kraut pierogi at that
    You're mean......

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I'm glad you asked, because it looks European-American to me.

Meanwhile, on the killer pressure cooker front ...

Police: Pressure Cooker in Mich. Hotel Had Food
    Dearborn police Lt. Douglas Topolski told The Associated Press Tuesday a guest likely used the appliance to bring food to a family event Sunday in the 770-room Adoba Hotel. He says it "doesn't appear that there was a very nefarious intent."

Because it looks like it? Anyway, if you google his twitter handle it appears to affirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm glad you asked, because it looks European-American to me.
    Then you should get your vision checked.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Then you should get your vision checked.
    Thanx for the reminder. Do me a favor and set up an appointment, will you?

My 15-year-old son went the fair with a bunch of his friends. He said there were numerous fights, including two girls fighting [[classy), which had to be broken-up by police.

At one point my son was talking to girl, and while he was giving her his phone number, another teen [[around 18) grabbed the girl’s cell phone and ran. My son and his friends started chasing the guy, but wisely stopped after a few moments.

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    My 15-year-old son went the fair with a bunch of his friends. He said there were numerous fights, including two girls fighting [[classy), which had to be broken-up by police.

At one point my son was talking to girl, and while he was giving her his phone number, another teen [[around 18) grabbed the girl’s cell phone and ran. My son and his friends started chasing the guy, but wisely stopped after a few moments.
    It's a damn shame. I've gone a few times in the past. It WAS such a nice event.

Footage from the St. Mary's Fair...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/w...z/-/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    Footage from the St. Mary's Fair...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/w...z/-/index.html
    I'd be curious to hear an intelligent, multi-faceted discussion about this trend of "teen mob" behavior and what can community, civic leaders, and law enforcement can do to cut it off at the knees

One interesting idea is to enforce -- at the perimeter -- a certain maximum number of minors. Like out of 1,000 attendees, no more than 150 of them can be minors unless they are under 5' tall. If they're at capacity, then you wait until someone leaves before you can go in. Just spittin ideas here....

But one thing is for sure. This can't continue.

How timely.... An interview, dated today, btwn a psychologist, a criminologist, a US Senator, and the owner of store that was robbed by a flash mob in Chicago.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/seg...a760337800080f

Are you kidding me? Perhaps it is because the skin tone is that of a person of African decent.

I remember that Bob-Lo dwindled down and became a place for gangs rather than families and little kids. Then it closed.
    People were afraid to be stuck on those boats with teens fighting.
    Look what happened even last summer on the Princess.
    There are some cultural standards that have to be improved or every nice thing that Detroiters have will be closed or cordoned off. Then the discrimination complaints will flood in.
    Last edited by SWMAP; May-31-13 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I rember that Bob-Lo dwindled down and became a place for gangs rather than families and little kids. Then it closed.
    People were afraid to be stuck on those boats with teens fighting.
    Look what happened even last summer on the Princess.
    There are some cultural standards that have to be improved or every nice thing that Detroiters have will be closed or cordoned off. Then the discrimination complaints will flood in.
    You're right, I forgot about Bob-Lo. Used to go with my parents as a young'un, then on dates and the Moonlight Cruises, then it turned into risky situation. In It's waning days it became downright scary. Don't forget the Michigan State Fair. Same scenario there, then, "attendance dropped off".
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-31-13 at 07:19 AM.

kids fight because they are bored and have nothing to do.
    no skate parks
    no arcades
    no dance halls
    no skating rinks
    no concert venues for teens
    no activities for teens.

then everyone discriminates against teens , banning them from malls, stores, etc.
    when you finally ban the teens from everywhere, you know whats next?
    breaking and entering peoples houses while the homeowners are out having fun at the carinval that the teens were banned from.

keep banning teens from places. see what happens.

I avoid these events now that rough teens have taken over, for many reasons, including that the profanity level is too much before small children in attendance.

The 'wilding' form of teens don't care. Their world view has erased any normal sense of shame or embarrassment -- they yell broad and LOUD strings of cursing no matter who's around!

This can be somewhat controlled in a class-room or a job setting. In public any attempt at correcting such can cause you bodily harm...

If you have small children or grand-children you just don't want to subject them to all of that. Really?
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-31-13 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    kids fight because they are bored and have nothing to do.
    no skate parks
    no arcades
    no dance halls
    no skating rinks
    no concert venues for teens
    no activities for teens.

then everyone discriminates against teens , banning them from malls, stores, etc.
    when you finally ban the teens from everywhere, you know whats next?
    breaking and entering peoples houses while the homeowners are out having fun at the carinval that the teens were banned from.

keep banning teens from places. see what happens.
    BS post. You're puting the cart in front of the horse. Places don't ban teens "because", they get banned for doing exactly what they're doing. What's THAT supposed to be? A threat? There's concerts for teens, skating rinks for teens, and there's plenty of other activities for teens. Too bad the only things "some" teens are interested in is guns, terrorizing and disrupting civil events.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-31-13 at 09:43 AM.

I witnessed a similar incident a few years ago at the Dearborn Homecoming & commented on it in the "open carry at Arts, Beats, & Eats" thread. This is what I was talking about when I said in an incident like this, if someone had a gun, it would turn into a shooting incident rather than just a fight.

I went to St. Sebastian's festival in Dearborn Heights a couple of weeks ago. They had the midway area roped off with only one entrance/exit station. This station was manned by 2 cops on either side with signs indicating what wasn't allowed to be brought into the area like back packs, water bottles, I can't remember the rest, but it was a list of about 8 different things [[no, pressure cooker wasn't included). There were a good amount of cops patrolling the area too. This is how things have to be now I guess to have a safe festival, you kind of have to have the midway area on lockdown or a quasi-lockdown.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast