Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Interesting article about St. Louis with some Detroit similarities

http://www.stltoday.com/business/loc...0a326011a.html

The article touches on how important it is to have a downtown daytime work population in order to sustain retail, malls etc.

I personally think we're beyond ready.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    http://www.stltoday.com/business/loc...0a326011a.html

The article touches on how important it is to have a downtown daytime work population in order to sustain retail, malls etc.

I personally think we're beyond ready.
    Interesting article. They mention the 1% 'earnings' tax. People I know who pay the Detroit 'earnings' tax really hate it. Perhaps if Detroit cleans its act up and starts delivering value for its 1 1/2%, that'll change. 1% is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Interesting article. They mention the 1% 'earnings' tax. People I know who pay the Detroit 'earnings' tax really hate it. Perhaps if Detroit cleans its act up and starts delivering value for its 1 1/2%, that'll change. 1% is a lot.
    Well, you know who to blame for that 1 percent tax. It was a mayor who used it to try to close Detroit's increasing budget gap. He also locked horns with the police department and alienated many among Detroit's dwindling share of white residents.

Name the mayor?

Mayor Gribbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Mayor Gribbs?
    No, Gribbs didn't lock horns with the police. In fact, he was instrumental in them forming STRESS. Guess again. I think it's pretty easy.