Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Jacoby's Biergarten is up for sale

I know things are changing in Detroit but this is a place I would like to see survive the revolution so to speak.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...en-up-for-sale

An out-of-state investor has put Jacoby's German Biergarten up for sale and is asking $779,000 for the building and the pub.

Plenty of history here. I worked for Ed Jacoby as a bartender there in the seventies.

Yes, it would be good to keep it going, or at least, preserve the building.

FM

I hope someone buys it, then purchases the lot next door and turns it into an actual biergarten

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I hope someone buys it, then purchases the lot next door and turns it into an actual biergarten
    Nah too many gunshots to be sitting outdoors at that location. Maybe Gilbert will buy it and build another parking structure!

Does Dick Bell still own it? Or, did he get it back?

had many christmas parties there in the 80's....never went back to work either

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Does Dick Bell still own it? Or, did he get it back?
    From the article, it sounds like he finally was able to sell it without it reverting back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Nah too many gunshots to be sitting outdoors at that location. Maybe Gilbert will buy it and build another parking structure!

Nothing the Dirty Dozen couldnt handle. Push them panzer divisions back to the Vaterland.