Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The First 48 [[Detroit Homicide)

Anybody watch it? Episode on now features shooting at the Jeffries and Greenfield.

I didn't see that episode today, Meddle, but I have seen Detroit crimes on there before. The one visual that gets to me is this...when they show the detectives in their offices investigating or interrogating suspects, the building they are in looks old and dilapidated [[because it is) and all the other cities have new modern buildings with nice work stations and high tech equipment.

It's a shame what the DPD has to deal with just to try and get the job done.

They ran 3 or 4 DPD episodes today.

I thought there was some discussion of a new building at one time. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Anybody watch it? Episode on now features shooting at the Jeffries and Greenfield.
    This is a rerun. I seen that episode either in 07 or 08.

I love this show. My wife once asked me why I like shows like this. I jokingly replied "Shows like this keep me out of jail."

Which episode was this? Was it the one where the iterracial couple was attacked at home and they kiiled the wife? That's the only Detroit episode I remember seeing.

^^ No, but I've seen that one too. There are at least 6 or 7 that I know of, maybe more.

I'm wondering if they'll film any more episodes if Bing reinstitutes Coleman's 'Cone of Silence'? The Memphis City Council decided they didn't want any more episodes filmed there -- they felt it was portraying the city in a bad way.

Well, you can sweep the doo-doo under the rug and pretend it isn't there, but that won't keep it from stinking up the place.

Blue...I feel for the cops as well. My father was a Detroit officer for more than 30 years, retired in 1983 [[ he is gone now ). I would go down to headquarters once in a while to visit him at work and was always saddened and upset by the conditions that they worked in...no a/c, leaking roof, toilets that didn't work, peeling paint, doors and windows that don't open/ close, just to name a few. And technology?...can there be much of that in a building built so long ago? It was in bad shape back then, and I haven't been there since he retired. I can only imagine how awful it must be now. Even with the best maintanance [[ and God knows it didn't get that ), things only last /work for so long.

I got a kick out of the old refrigerator being used as a fuming chamber for raising fingerprints with super glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ^^ No, but I've seen that one too. There are at least 6 or 7 that I know of, maybe more.

I'm wondering if they'll film any more episodes if Bing reinstitutes Coleman's 'Cone of Silence'? The Memphis City Council decided they didn't want any more episodes filmed there -- they felt it was portraying the city in a bad way.
    Oh ok. I didn't know Memphis wasn't doing it anymore.

I always wondered why DPD was never featured on "COPS".