Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Entertaining a friend and her four year old daughter Sunday. Suggestions?

An old friend is coming to town on Sunday with her kiddo. I know plenty of adult friendly fun spots, but not so many kid-friendly ones.

Anybody have any suggestions? Good parks maybe?

I'd like to contain the fun to the city limits.

Detroit zoo.

Michigan Science Center, lots of stuff for the kid to do, also Sunday is the last day of the human bodies exhibit if you want to see that. [[I work there)

What is the age of the child?

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post

My guess is 4.. [[It's in the title. )

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post

Entertaining a friend and her four year old daughter Sunday. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    An old friend is coming to town on Sunday with her kiddo. I know plenty of adult friendly fun spots, but not so many kid-friendly ones.

I've actually gone to a couple of puppet shows @ The DIA with friends and their kids. The kids seem to really enjoy them. [[Ok, I did too). http://www.dia.org/calendar/?this_date=5%2f26%2f2013 Then there's the Science Center, that has a lot of "hands on" stuff for kids to do. The Detroit Historical Museum has kids toys exhibits and The Glancy Trains. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4D93i7G6EE Catch dinner @ The Woodbridge. Sundays they have their pizza experiments. I've taken people and their kids to the Dossin Great Lakes Museum. The kids always had fun there. Heck, pick me up, I'll go with you!
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-24-13 at 09:49 PM.

Uh. The Zoo. It may not be city limits but its the city zoo.

Ride the people mover. Get some ice cream.

Kids love pizza. There are many good pizza joints in town. The people mover is also good- my son used to love riding it.

People Mover, cut through the RenCen to the Riverwalk and walk upriver to the carousel.

Belle Isle, borrow a dog and let the kid just run.

Coloring book and crayons

Take the kid to Greektown. Why not let the kid enjoy watching seniors gamble away their life savings, waiters light cheese on fire, alley pee-ers, panhandlers, just released felons from jail, loud drunks and Bozookeys? The last place has to be kid friendly. I had a zoo key growing up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post

So, How did it go?

Ghetto gawking!

Quote Originally Posted by piczka View Post
    Ghetto gawking!
    Too funny.