Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default looking for relatives in warren,michigan

My Father's name was Thomas Shirley Smith. He died in Warren Michigan on Feb 17th 1989. I never knew him but I am his daughter and I would like to find my family. His brothers name was Cletus Smith. Any info would be great. Thanks. Lucille

Shouldn't be too hard, there aren't many Smiths around

Ancestry.com

www.peoplesmart.com will give you age, location[[s), relatives, when died, if dead, and age at death.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard, there aren't many Smiths around
    Not in Warren. To live in Warren, your last name either has six syllables or be a single syllable with all consonants/no vowels

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Not in Warren. To live in Warren, your last name either has six syllables or be a single syllable with all consonants/no vowels
    Not too many Poles or Italians named Cletus either. Now Tony or Stan, thats a different matter!

I have relatives on both sides named Smith. It really is hard to get through them all. That being said, if you look at all the Thomas Shirley Smith records, you still really never know if any are your father.

I found an elder Thomas Shirley Smith who died in the 1950s. If this was a family name, it might be worth looking into that.
    The only other one I found was a man who had a record for NSF checks, last arrested 1979 in Michigan. No other details as to age or city.
    I found several Cletus Smiths. Would you have any info about his [[or your father's) location, age or occupation?

Are you sure about the date of death? Only one Thomas Smith recorded for death on that date per Ancestry.com SSDI search.

Thomas N. Smith 15 Jan 1921 17 Feb 1989
    Last edited by gazhekwe; May-24-13 at 04:14 PM.

I believe this Cletus Smith is the brother of your father - http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=17036911 .

thank-you for the info. it could be him. I have been searching forever for my father but to my dismay he had passed many years ago . Now I know his brother has also passed. thanx. Lucille

yes he was born in light arkansaw in 1929. his brother was cletus and his mothers maidenname was lands. he married my mother in 1962 in Ottawa Ontario. I never met him. thanks for the info

There was also a "Thomas Ark A Smith" who died in 1988[[one year off) at 61 of Warren and Hazel Park associated with the following names.
    Jason J Smith
    Kathy Smith
    Patricia Ann Smith
    Ronald Richard Smith
    http://www.peoplesmart.com/psp.aspx?_act=resultswp

This
    site lists Thomas A. Smith being related to
    Smith, Jason J, Aberlesmith, Patricia A,Smith, Ronald Richard,Smith, R
    as well as some really old, possibly deceased Thomas Smiths

Also, try
    http://www.usa-people-search.com/search/searchpreview.aspx?type=people&fn=Thomas&ln=Smith& mn=Shirley&city=Warren&state=MI&zip=&age=

http://www.obituaries.com/ns/obituariescom/obits.aspx takes you to Legacy which has a free temporary service to look up obituaries

Most of these look up sites don't include the deceased. However, sometimes they are listed as 85, 92, or 101 if the site is unaware of someone's passing. Try with and without middle initial. How old was your father when he died?
    Last edited by oladub; August-26-13 at 08:49 AM.