Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dog Supply House

Some of you may recall I stated on the 'What do you collect?' thread that I collected old flash lights. I just bought this one in the eBay auction. Can anyone tell me about the Dog Supply House? Where was it? Was it a retail operation only, or did they manufacture things like this? I suspect this light was made by Fulton Industries in OH as I have several other of their lights in my collection and the metal work is similar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...lenotsupported

CountrySquire,

The 1950 ad for sale on ebay has the tagline “Quality Merchandise for Dog Owners and Sportsmen”, and uses P.O. Box 4465 Detroit 28, Mich.

Searching ebay for “1953 Dog Supply” and “1954 Dog Supply” turn up an advertisement and a catalog, both with the address 16210 Grand River Dept No. R-7 Detroit 27, Mich.

Perhaps someone can post information about the business at this location.

My guess is that they were sales, not a manufacturer.

1959 Detroit Phone Book:

"Dog Supply Hse 18440GdRiv .... VE 8-3385"

Interesting! Thanks!!!