Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The Strange Testimony of Jude Wade McCree

Anybody know a good therapist they can refer him to??

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video?clipId=8907980&autoStart=true

100% agree. This guys is nuts. A lawyer friend of mine was trying to defend by saying the other are worse. While probably true, not the best argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Anybody know a good therapist they can refer him to??

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/video?clipId=8907980&autoStart=true

Heyyy Jude, don't make it bad...

Just one more example of an epidemic of narcissism. I feel very badly for his children; he should have just resigned and salvaged his and his family's dignity. He's a laughingstock now. There truly is "no shame to his game." I hope his truly strange and distressing performance on Tuesday was a disguised audition for a reality TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    Just one more example of an epidemic of narcissism. I feel very badly for his children; he should have just resigned and salvaged his and his family's dignity. He's a laughingstock now. There truly is "no shame to his game." I hope his truly strange and distressing performance on Tuesday was a disguised audition for a reality TV show.
    I'm just glad his father isn't around to witness this mess.

that was bizarre to watch. who was his father?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    ...Who was his father?
    A very noteworthy man of high accomplishment from all that I've heard and read...
    36th Solicitor General of the United States
    In office
    1977–1981
    Wade Hampton McCree, Jr. [[July 3, 1920 – August 30, 1987) was an American attorney, judge, public official and law professor. He was the first African American appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the second African-American Solicitor General in the history of the United States. He joined the faculty of the University of Michigan Law School after leaving government service in 1981, and taught there until the time of his death.

...President John F. Kennedy nominated McCree to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan on September 18, 1961, another first for an African-American.[2] His nomination was confirmed by the United States Senate 11 days later, and he received his commission on September 29, 1961. On August 16, 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson nominated McCree to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit. He was confirmed by the Senate on September 7, 1966 and received his commission the same day.

While sitting on the federal bench, McCree was known to have expressed his views on race and justice. When a lawyer argued that McCree could not impartially decide a case involving a black and a white litigant McCree replied: "the ultimate of arrogance is achieved when a white person thinks another white person can make a judgment without being influenced by race, and a black person cannot."[1]

When his eldest daughter was refused admission to an all-girls school in Detroit because she was black, McCree founded the interracial Friends School in 1965. He was also a founder of the statewide Higher Education Opportunity Committee, a program which identifies promising middle school students and provides them with college scholarships.[2]

Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wade_H._McCree
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-23-13 at 12:39 PM.

Indeed. I read about his father when I was in college. Poor choices have consequences, and you cannot guarantee your children will not make them.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I'm just glad his father isn't around to witness this mess.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-23-13 at 04:44 AM.

I did a service call at Judge McCree's home in Indian Village 2 years ago, and spent a bit of time going through his home with him. The man I conversed with that day is the complete opposite of the guy I'm seeing on the stand. He was all politeness and professionalism. He made an effort to be in his children's lives, and was proud of his family, barely mentioning his profession. I didn't even know he was a judge until I asked him what he did for a living.

I've seen this plenty before, the epitome of the "midlife crisis." I can only hope he figures it out before he loses everything. He has already lost his job, the public's trust, and the respect of his peers. His family is the only thing this guy has left, if they'll have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ...McCree replied: "the ultimate of arrogance is achieved when a white person thinks another white person can make a judgment without being influenced by race, and a black person cannot."
    Sadly, four decades later and some still believe this to be true.

Not to excuse what he did, because even he seems to realize that it was a gross violation of judicial ethics. But he looks like the sort of studious, even dorky, guy who suddenly finds himself in middle age looking around at women only to realize that, through his stature, power, etc. he has become attractive in some way to young pretty women and that they are now accessible to him.

It's a trap, of course, and in this case a big one, but I have seen a number of very intelligent, educated, and accomplished men of around my age make the same sort of fool of themselves.

It's a shame, really, that he has the same name as his father, who was one of the most impressive people I've ever met. But now that name is going to be associated in people's minds with this sordid circus.

His sister was also an incredibly accomplished person [[she died several years ago) who also would have been on the federal Circuit Court bench, if Spencer Abraham had not shamefully torpedoed her nomination by President Clinton [[which set off an enormous fight over Circuit Court nominations from Michigan that went on well into the GW Bush administration). And now, for the McCree family, this embarrassment...
    Last edited by EastsideAl; May-23-13 at 01:00 PM.

^^^ Awesome post EAl....