Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default July 15...

I think it would be cool of that was left there for a public space after the movie packs up. Nah, the taggers would ruin it too.

Oh nice! I see our discarded 2200 series trains have found a purpose in the last shot. Not missing those trains with the deadly doors

Damn they work fast, maybe we should have hired them to build the county jail.

Great shots Lowell! Did you see any plasterers or painters show up, or did they just install prepainted stuff? Either way, I think that they will come fine tune the set.

There's a whole lot of bullet holes in these walls!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Great shots Lowell! Did you see any plasterers or painters show up, or did they just install prepainted stuff? Either way, I think that they will come fine tune the set.

It is Detroit after all.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

I think there is some painting going on both on and off-site. Here are some Styrofoam pieces being worked on today.

Also... Bamboo scaffolding being placed on the United Artists building.

Watch for Channel 4 Report today?

I got to meet the head of set decoration on sunday, along with a few others from the crew. I asked about leaving the area looking like it was from China. Unfortunately a majority of that new construction is made from foam, so it would not last long. I think they might be blowing up the set anyway considering it is a Michael Bay film and blowing stuff up is what he does.

I drove by the set today, but there was something about it that struck me out. Lowell already took a photo of it, but I have a close-up.

An important note for Wolverine: The next time you take the 'L' in Chicago, don't sleep, because before you know it, when you wake up, you will be in Detroit!

And here it is!:

I imagine it's too much to hope the owner of the building...who shall not be named, lest my posts get scrubbed again... will put all the rental income he's receiving for this towards refurbishing [[or at least securing) the property and removing a significant, high profile piece of blight from Downtown?

I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I imagine it's too much to hope the owner of the building...who shall not be named, lest my posts get scrubbed again... will put all the rental income he's receiving for this towards refurbishing [[or at least securing) the property and removing a significant, high profile piece of blight from Downtown?

I won't hold my breath.
    I hear he's consulting with Matty Moroun on restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    I drove by the set today, but there was something about it that struck me out. Lowell already took a photo of it, but I have a close-up.

An important note for Wolverine: The next time you take the 'L' in Chicago, don't sleep, because before you know it, when you wake up, you will be in Detroit!

And here it is!:

LOL, well I wouldn't mind a $2.50 ride home to Michigan for the weekend! If they don't destroy the train for the movie, they should keep it somewhere. These trains will pretty much be retired toward the end of this year and probably sold for scrap. Trains with "blinker doors" are a rarity.

Also, on Tuesday, a couple of blocks to the west on Adams, I think, I noticed a car carrier with wrecked cars and CA plates that was being operated by Paramount Pictures.

On Wed., I noticed that they had set up a lot full of wrecked cars that looked like they might be shooting an aftermath scene there. Many had Michigan plates.......

Default People Move Derails -Multiple Car Pileup Closes Bagley [[Transformers 4 Set)

Well that's how part of the Transformers set is evolving. Shooting is set to begin soon. Faux small Chinese shops now line Bagley and product placement signs in Chinese adorn the United Artist and other buildings.

Woo -- thanks for the heart attack that that headline caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    IKR!
    With all the issues with trains lately, almost scared to read the thread, glad I did.

Thanks for that I was thinking she better have pictures ! I knew this was about the movie being shot I saw it on the news this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I felt the same way!

Sorry folks. I worded that title poorly. It has been changed to something milder and more accurately descriptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Sorry folks. I worded that title poorly. It has been changed to something milder and more accurately descriptive.

Haha, thanks Lowell.

Default Transformer set

a couple pics from the new transformers set .
    I hope this worked ? If not I will try from my home computer , I'm trying from my iPhone AGAIN:-[[
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Default Transformer set

a couple pics from the new transformers set .
    I hope this worked ? If not I will try from my home computer , I'm trying from my iPhone AGAIN:-[[
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oh good, a twelfth thread about this

More pics from the transformers set

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast