Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone Feel the Earth Quake?! 05/17/2013

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/m...z/-/index.html

Haven't heard any reports back yet from my high-riser friends and acquaintances.

No earthquake was felt on the eastside.

Nothing downtown on the 8th floor

I'm about 1/2 up in the ren-cen and usually i feel them but I didnt feel this one.

Nothing at the County Jail

No, but I had mexican food for dinner last night.

Nothing inside this oak barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Nothing at the County Jail
    WOW, Sorry to hear about your predicament. Want us to bring you anything???

Ain't nothin shaken but the leaves on the trees here.

Cheers Bar: Norm!!!

Sam Malone: What's shakin' Norm ?

Norm: Coupla cheeks and a chin....

Detroit and the suburbs does get earthquakes. I'm just waiting for the big one to come. Michigan is due for big one in the next 100 million years.
    Last edited by Danny; May-17-13 at 02:50 PM.

We didn't feel it in Greektown.

I live about 150 miles from the epicenter and didnt feel it this time. The last time we had one was my first experience and woke me up around midnight. It rattled on for a half minute at least. What surprised me was the rumbling sound it made.

I have a hard time believing anyone here in Detroit felt it. It seems it was felt only as far south as Toronto. All of the tweets in the article below the headline "Toronto quake felt around Michigan" were from Toronto-area residents. Saying you felt an earthquake is the only proof you really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Detroit and the suburbs does get earthquakes. I'm just waiting for the big one to come. Michigan is due for big one in the next 100 million years.
    Oh yes, I remember in about '86 sitting at my desk, and suddenly the room was shaking and I could see the papers on my desk moving. I had a bad hangover [[this was back in the day) and my mind was completely boggled. Like what the???!!! LOL!

Found out later it was an earthquake.

Downtown 12th floor, felt nothing.

Out here in the Pacific Northwest we use earthquakes of that size to stir martinis....