Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Restaurant with a 'room' for about 25 - for gathering?

Greetings DYes:

I have an elder friend who wants to have a b-day gathering very soon at an affordable, relaxed atmosphere restaurant, reasonably priced -- preferably with a room or partition that can accommodate 25-30 people.

Food fare fairly open but a great green salad or light appetizer option is preferred for those who choose to just stop by for a bite.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-13 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Greetings DYes:

I have an elder friend who wants to have a b-day gathering very soon at an affordable relax atmosphere restaurant, reasonably priced -- preferably with a room or partition that can accommodate 25-30 people.

Food fare fairly open but a great green salad or light appetizer option is preferred for those who choose to just stop by for a bite.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Traffic Jam [[has a room)
    Seva [[vegetarian, maybe not suitable for elders)

Greetings DYes:

I have an elder friend who wants to have a b-day gathering very soon at an affordable relax atmosphere restaurant, reasonably priced -- preferably with a room or partition that can accommodate 25-30 people.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    The Sohar Room at Sinbad's is nice for events

Greetings DYes:

Any ideas? Thanks.
    Chuck E. Cheese?

Bill Knapps?

I was going to recommend my place of employment, but marshamusic beat me to it. So I second the Traffic Jam. Elder friends love us.

Oh you have "jokes" HT ------ ! Thanks. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Chuck E. Cheese?
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-13 at 05:24 AM.

Oh yes! I went to a retirement party there a few years back. Love your vegetarian Lasagna! Cool option. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    I was going to recommend my place of employment, but marshamusic beat me to it. So I second the Traffic Jam. Elder friends love us.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-13 at 05:47 AM.

They went out of business didn't they? Sorta heavy and salty food ala Ponderosa as I recall at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Bill Knapps?
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-13 at 05:48 AM.

I love the decor of Sinbads... I did not know they had a side room. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    The Sohar Room at Sinbad's is nice for events

Oh you have "jokes" HT ------ ! Thanks. LOL!
    Old people LOVE the Bernstien Bears!

I liked Union Street...they have a room off to the side. The only issue would probably be parking.

Want something really wild? "Witchcraft" Krakus!
    http://www.krakusrestaurant.com/photos.html

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Want something really wild? "Witchcraft" Krakus!
    http://www.krakusrestaurant.com/photos.html
    Oh, at first I thought you wanted to scare the elderly folks to death!

This room is nice to know about.

This reminds me of the Polish Century Club, on [[or off of) E. Outer Drive; I went to many a retirement party in that place.

Talk with the guy at Maccabees, too. It is just north of Warren on the west side of Woodward. While it is an open floorplan, they can certainly accommodate a group. The food is great, and not expensive for the quality. Some very fun things on the menu.

I frequent El Zocalo's in Mexicantown often. They have a nice room and do many parties back there. They can do a buffet type thing pretty reasonably priced. No charge for the room either, I think. Free parking in their adjacent lot. Alcohol available, for those that want it. Of course, this presumes the folks would enjoy Mexican food.

Thank you so much DYES family. Great ideas! I feel I now have some grand suggestions for my friend......
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-13 at 01:20 PM.

Vivios in Eastern Market has an upstairs that will fit your need perfectly!

Vivios does not charge extra for anything and all you need to do is set a date and discuss food choices.

Yummy! I forgot about them. Weeee... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinman View Post
    Vivios in Eastern Market has an upstairs that will fit your need perfectly!

Yummy! I forgot about them. Weeee... Thanks.
    I believe that the upstairs of Vivio's is not handicapped accessible; keep in mind since you're scheduling for elders.

Scotty Simpson's Fish & Chips on Fenkell in Brightmoor. Plenty of parking, easy prices, tasty food, and a closed-off room all to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    I believe that the upstairs of Vivio's is not handicapped accessible; keep in mind since you're scheduling for elders.
    That's correct about the upstairs at Vivivo's. I had my 60th birthday party there. I wanted to have it upstairs but in order to accommodate all of my guests [[about 50) I had to have it downstairs. That was ok because they put together a buffet [[green salad, lasagne, wings & bread and set it up by where we were sitting. I brought the cake. My guests just had to pay for their drinks.

Angelina's on Grand Circus