Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default "...she's still the best member of council."

Monica Conyers

From the Detroit News:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

"…… Jerod Shannon would vote for her again if he could."

"Leave Ms. Conyers alone," said Shannon, 32, of northwest Detroit. "Let her live her life. She is a sweet lady who does a phenomenal job. Not to mention, she's still the best member of council."

What is so remarkable about Jerod Shannon that her opinion on Monica Conyers needs its own thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    Monica Conyers

From the Detroit News:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

"…… Jerod Shannon would vote for her again if he could."

"Leave Ms. Conyers alone," said Shannon, 32, of northwest Detroit. "Let her live her life. She is a sweet lady who does a phenomenal job. Not to mention, she's still the best member of council."
    You know, the News can seriously fuck off for that quote. Of all the quotes of the hundreds of thousands of people who live in this city, they have to pick the insane person/relative of Monica Conyers with the most outrageous, stupid line.

Monica Conyers was on the ballot for council as all this was unfolding and lost miserably. That more adequately represents popular opinion.

Our 2 local bird-cage liners aren't making regional cooperation any easier. Oh, on that note, I'd rather wipe my ass with a fistful of broken glass than a Nolan Finley column.

Anyway, she did her time and has a job. Sounds fine to me.
    Last edited by poobert; May-16-13 at 01:07 PM.

Monica Conyers was/is a thief..was as corrupt as the thug KK rat pack. She doesn't need any more attention in the media. Let her get back under her rock where she belongs.

What a POS article. Needed a "fill-in" piece for amn empty spot? I guess it achieved it's purpose, here we are talking about it. I'm actually thinking of stopping by to get an estimate on some rust work.

All part of the ongoing media narrative about those "crazy colored folks down in the city." The only problem is one of reality, Monica resigned, and then was handed a crushing primary defeat by those same "crazy colored" voters. But, you know, if stereotypes and reality don't agree, print the stereotype... it sells more papers, keeps more viewers, and gets more hits.

100% Red Meat.

It's so naked and blatant.

Do the people this is designed to rile up ever get offended at this? That the media thinks so little of them that they'd actually publish this unmasked attempt to stoke their uglier and baser reactions?

I personally don't like being pandered to this blatantly.

Slow news day.