Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Meijer's hiring 400 This Summer

Meijer's plan to hire 400 employees at new Woodward & 8 mile store.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22244003/meijer-seeks-to-fill-over-400-jobs-at-new-detroit-store

That's great news. I am looking forward to the opening of the store. I like Meijer's and usually go to the one on Middlebelt and I-96... it will nice to have on closer.

Great.. these are some of the jobs that Snyder has been trumpeting his policies helped create. Good $8.00 per hr jobs....

I hear that, but there will be some management and mid-management jobs as well. Along with the other store this anchor store may draw...

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Great.. these are some of the jobs that Snyder has been trumpeting his policies helped create. Good $8.00 per hr jobs....
    ....because $0.00 per hour is so much better. My brother's first job while in college was as a cashier at Meijer. He was glad to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    ....because $0.00 per hour is so much better. My brother's first job while in college was as a cashier at Meijer. He was glad to have it.
    It's just as bad.

These people will end up having to apply for TANF and/ SNAP to supplement their pittance of an income. So instead of them receiving more money in paychecks signed by Meijer, they're going to receive more money in paychecks signed by you the taxpayer.

$8.00 an hour?
    I applied to the Mound road store in Warren, got an interview, and was told I would get $7.45 an hour if hired.
    Didnt get a callback.

Do they do drug testing like the Target at Eastland? The Target at Eastland can never get help because so many applicants fail the weed test.