Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit's New Police Chief...Maybe Detroit got it right this time

One of the things that I like to do when an outsider takes a top position with Detroit city government or DPS is to read up on what the people that they are leaving behind felt about them. I remember reading the comments concerning a couple of superintendents from there previous jobs after taking the DPS job. I came away less than impressed. It made me wonder whether the DPS folks did there due diligence in there selection process. In this case the articles I came across made it seem like Mr. Craig did a good job and they hated to lose him. In this article it seems like he may be the breath of fresh air the DPD needs. Also its interesting that Mr. Craig was Mr. Orr's choice and not necessarily Mr. Bing's choice [[Didn't Mr. Bing pass over him the first time ) http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_...troit-position

I like everything I hear about him. I also like that he knows both how things have "worked" in Detroit, and how they are done elsewhere.

Let's pray to God he's the man and sticks around for a long enough time to see a downward amount of crime. He might have to be a miracle worker to se that happen but he's gotten good reviews from other jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    I like everything I hear about him. I also like that he knows both how things have "worked" in Detroit, and how they are done elsewhere.