Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Feel the Movement, Detroit.

It's that time again. The Movement 2013 [[Detroit Electronic Music Festival) is coming this Memorial Day Weekend. Come on you fresh yuppie kids. Take off those business suits, don that electric kool-aid make up, put on your gothic wares, get into the dance floor and feel the movement. Let the electronic music loosen your minds. Let the lights dance on your body all day and all night. Dance away my children, dance until you get crunk!

^^^ Don't forget to bring some money or a Visa card!

I thought this was a thread about laxatives.

I remember seeing George Clinton[[?) in a diaper at one of the last ones of these I went to. I think it was called DEMF then, when it used to be free.

Don't worry ,they bring PLENTY of money to the city from around the world.
    Also the Gran Prix is going on a very busy weekend indeed !

I wrote this way back, about the first Techno fest/s.

http://marshamusic.wordpress.com/201...on-hart-plaza/

Haven't been there since you had to drop a load of cash to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Geez, I must know somebody I can go visit in the 'burbs for the weekend.

Race is the following weekend. Not sure why everyone keeps thinking it's this weekend.

My bad , when is the hoe down ?

Adult, Pullen, Craig, Clarke, Hawtin, Shigeto, MAW[[!), Squarepusher[[!!) A DJ set by Moby...

Dang that's a good lineup. Alas I'll be out of town...

Masters at work

We definitely "feel the movement" over here by the river on the east side.

We notice the Grand Prix a little bit too...

My bad , when is the hoe down ?
    After she gets in from being out all night.....

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Haven't been there since you had to drop a load of cash to enter.
    Me either. It's been a while since I've been there. This time, there is a few artists that are showing up that I've never seen in Detroit. But the cost of the 3-day pass is too much for me now.

If anything, they should lower the prices on the passes next year considering Detroit might end up in bankruptcy soon.

I agree, for the casual listener the weekend price may be too much. But Movement is playing in the league of summer festivals. In that league Movement and Detroit is one of the better values for people who travel to different festivals all summer.

I thoroughly enjoy techno music. I have gone for some part or all of the weekends for the last 10 years. While the price has gone up the level of production and quality of artist have matched the price as far as I am concerned. I expect the price of admission to only go up basically because they can. It seems every year whatever is charged at the gate during the festival is the mean price of tickets for the following year. So if that is any indication they'll be over the $100 mark next year pretty quickly. Get your pre-sales!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    After she gets in from being out all night.....
    LMAO I should have expected that lol,
    but no pun was intended lol

LMAO I should have expected that lol,
    but no pun was intended lol
    Sorry, couldn't resist. It's the same weekend as the Grand Prix. Stop by, see white people @ their finest. http://wycd.cbslocal.com/2013-downtown-hoedown-lineup/

Great daytime activity. Drinks and dancing and feeling free. Sure the diversity [[in everything) has diminished with the price and mass popularity of DJ music now, but I find Hart to be a great spot and the energy to be authentic towards having a good time. Drinks, dancing and home repair all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 4V4DMD View Post
    Drinks, dancing and home repair all weekend.
    Careful when you're up on the ladder.

Welp.

I've done my one day visit to DEMF...errr.. "Movement".

I came in [[from far out) to visit my home town and many hotels were booked solid, including the Book Caddy [[a basic room booked a few days prior was going for somewhere over $425 per weekend night). Lots of International people visiting [[especially Germans & other folks from Europe).

The one thing I was somewhat annoyed about was the shoddy set-up for the lines. I had to wait in the "Will Call" line for about 90 minutes to turn in my receipt to get my paper tickets, then I was sent to another line to trade the tickets for wristbands, and then sent over to the entry line which stretched from the UAW building back to the security goons at the Hart Plaza entrance.

Will Eminem show up to heckle Moby?

I had only went two times. 2000 and 2001. It was getting bizarre after that and then the coverage cost came.

I won a free pass from work, so for the first time in several years, decided to go to the DEMF. I never thought I'd get another chance to see Richie Hawtin live again, so that was effin AWESOME. The hipsters are about half of the scene now, with their "Detroit Hustles Harder" garb drenching the crowd. And there's a lot less clothing at this event than I remember... But as a former raver [[like mid 90's old school), I can say this: The more things change, the more things stay the same. And I had a total blast!!

I was hoping a bolt of lightening would hit Hart Plaza and take out a bunch of hipster d-bags in one fell swoop.

It didn't happen, but at least it rained, ruining thousands of hairstyles which took hours to perfect.

hahahahaha