Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default People Mover reverses direction?

The People Mover has just reversed direction [[again). It's now going counterclockwise. No announcement that we can find here, but it just rolled by our windows definitely going counterclockwise [[heading north out of the Broadway station).

For a minute there, I thought that I was losing my mind

Well, color me wacky, it just went by in the correct direction [[clockwise). Perhaps it was due to maintenance? It was the pink cars both times. And the blue channel 4 one just came by about 30 seconds after the pink cars went back by.

Good luck to you if you are riding today!

gravitymachine Guest

its a nice day, why not just keep the 50 cents and walk the five blocks to your destination?

Maybe they are filming a movie sequel: "The Taking of People Mover 1-2-3."

Now if they start bumping one another, trading paint and start passing on the right is when I'll start worrying.

I'm no expert, but it would seem to make sense to periodically change the direction, in order for the contact points to wear evenly.
    Engineers out there: am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    I'm no expert, but it would seem to make sense to periodically change the direction, in order for the contact points to wear evenly.
    Engineers out there: am I correct?
    I'm no engineer, but yeah, thats exactly what they do. They changed direction of it just about a year ago if I remember correctly.