Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default WDIV reporter Dietz in jail for drunken driving.....

Pontiac — Long time WDIV-TV [[Channel 4) reporter Kevin Dietz has been in the Oakland County Jail since April 18 after being convicted of violating Michigan's tough "super drunk" driving law.

According to the office of the Michigan Secretary of State, Dietz was arrested by Bloomfield Hills police on Feb. 2 for operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol level [[BAC) of .17 or more.

No worse than Bill Bonds. Could happen to anyone. WATCH YOURSELF IN BLOOMFIELD HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cops will pull you over "ad libitum" and then the old "Have you been drinking?", irregardless of what you may have been stopped for.

how about stop drinking and driving?
    call a cab!

I guess no holier than thou report this sweeps period from Mr. Dietz on underage drinking at college campuses. I saw one of his reports from years back and it was very insightful
    Last edited by IrishSpartan; May-14-13 at 01:09 AM.

Nice how the news media quietly swept this under the rug, this happened almost a month ago and we're just now hearing about it? If it had been a Detroit dignitary, they'd still be talking about it. What's Charlie LeDuff up to these days?
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; May-14-13 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Nice how the news media quietly swept this under the rug, this happened almost a month ago and we're just now hearing about it? If it had been a Detroit dignitary, they'd still be talking about it. What's Charlie LeDuff up to these days?
    If it had been a detroit dignitary, it would be news. local reporter? I don't know... kinda "meh" isn't it? Sort of along the lines of LeDuff getting hammered on St Paddys and getting his ass kicked and cited for aggravated assault. couple days of gawking and then we move along. How much more coverage do you want?
    Last edited by bailey; May-14-13 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by piczka View Post
    No worse than Bill Bonds. Could happen to anyone. WATCH YOURSELF IN BLOOMFIELD HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cops will pull you over "ad libitum" and then the old "Have you been drinking?", irregardless of what you may have been stopped for.
    I think the BAC limit is way too low but over .17 is shitfaced.

Not to condone Dietz behavior, there are a few of the news media with drinking problems. I don't know if the percentage is different than the general public. These people report a lot of drug deaths, car accidents, shootings. Hard not to take it home with you. I used to run into a former WXYZ reporter, can't think of his name at the moment. The guy was always buying vodka, gin, peppermint schnapps at a store near where I worked. There was a WDIV lady reporter too, once in a while saw her buying Jack D in small bottles. With a 20 ounce Coke.

Radio and newsprint people have history of knocking down a few too. The guy is paying his dues that a lot of others have gotten out of.

WATCH YOURSELF IN BLOOMFIELD HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cops will pull you over "ad libitum" and then the old "Have you been drinking?", irregardless of what you may have been stopped for.
    You're blaming the cops? His BAC was over .17.

You're part of the problem of drunk driving, a person who blames the system for going after people who are driving drunk.
    Last edited by Scottathew; May-17-13 at 11:44 AM.

After having my wife's parents and sister and her nearly wiped out by a drunk driver, a cousin killed by a drunk driver, and being hit by a drunk driver myself, I have no sympathy for these people. Get caught, pay the price. Better you spend time in jail than me in a hospital or eternity in a grave.

This clown is still boozing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    Not to condone Dietz behavior, there are a few of the news media with drinking problems. I don't know if the percentage is different than the general public. These people report a lot of drug deaths, car accidents, shootings. Hard not to take it home with you. I used to run into a former WXYZ reporter, can't think of his name at the moment. The guy was always buying vodka, gin, peppermint schnapps at a store near where I worked. There was a WDIV lady reporter too, once in a while saw her buying Jack D in small bottles. With a 20 ounce Coke.
    \\

Bullshit.. those reporters make good money and usually live in cushy communities. Dietz is a drunk.

Not like that at all. I was driven drunk. It's selfish and could harm or kill others. The media protects it's own.

Channel 4 does reports of "super drunks" who are regular citizens. They did a report about someone who was "teaching" how to get out of drunk driving charges criticizes him. Then there own reporter used his tricks.

Or seek help with your drinking problems?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyM View Post
    Or seek help with your drinking problems?
    He doesn't have a drinking problem. He has a problem when it's time to stop drinking!

Are you serious ? Why are we bringing this up again ? Let the man alone.

Apparently drinking before posting isn't a great idea either.

Thanks.....

I assume DaveyM has some type of unrelated personal issue with Dietz. Thanks to the internet one can bump 5 year old threads to muddy someone's name instead of actually resolving the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I assume DaveyM has some type of unrelated personal issue with Dietz. Thanks to the internet one can bump 5 year old threads to muddy someone's name instead of actually resolving the conflict.
    My thoughts as well.

It's too bad that Dietz isn't the Oakland County Commissioner, then the cops would have just given him a courtesy ride home like they do with good ol' LBP when he gets sauced up and decides to drive around.

Default OCJ Holding cell R9

Oh yea, 48th District court, Judge Small “the Hanging judge”. He will find no mercy in front of her, better get ready for peanut butter & jelly for breakfast and bologna for lunch and dinner. She’s nice looking though!Name:  small.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  5.0 KB

Was he recently arrested for drunk driving? If not, what's the point of rehashing a 5 yr old thread?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast