Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Suburban arsonists hit with centuries of prison time for Detroit fires.

Jackasses.

I will never celebrate another mans loss of life, limb or freedom.

However if this leads to fewer neighborhoods being transformed into personal hells on Earth, good job.

It boggles the mind just how much contempt and lack of respect one has to hold for the residents of those neighborhoods to pull of something like that.

I always wondered what the story was behind Warrendale Hardware. Now I know.

Brizee....I really hate to stereo type or profile but look at the last names. As with many fires investigated over the years and not just in Detroit either, they turn out to be insurance scams and most of the culprits [[Non-US Citizens) were able to flee back to the old country to avoid prosecution, if that local FD actually investigates a "Cause & Origin" The City of Detroit, unfortunately doesn't have the needed Fire Investigators anymore, or money to investigate all the "Suspicious" fires. Arson is a low priority in the Wayne County Justice System and the insurance industry will payoff a fire loss claim rather than face a lawsuit in court because the burden of proof is on them to prove motive.

Birwood [[DFD ret.)

What's also sad is that I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. No doubt for years and years following white flight from the city, Devil's night was just a costume for expatriated suburbanites to commit insurance fraud.
    Meanwhile Detroit and her current residents take the hit for these actions. Both in image as well as insurance rates.

Shollin Guest

How come they don't burn down the vacant homes in Warren? Warren has lost 60,000 people and there are plenty of vacant homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    What's also sad is that I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. No doubt for years and years following white flight from the city, Devil's night was just a costume for expatriated suburbanites to commit insurance fraud.
    Meanwhile Detroit and her current residents take the hit for these actions. Both in image as well as insurance rates.
    Yep.

I'm noticing a lack of "animals destroying their own" comments in the freep comments.

I know full well Detroiters are capable of making life hard. That still doesn't give out of towners the ok to do shit like this and dump tires/boats where people are just trying to get by.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Jackasses.

I will never celebrate another mans loss of life, limb or freedom.

However if this leads to fewer neighborhoods being transformed into personal hells on Earth, good job.

It boggles the mind just how much contempt and lack of respect one has to hold for the residents of those neighborhoods to pull of something like that.
    Celebration not required, but its OK to be pleased that justice is being done. Premeditated, socially destructive crimes like this are horrible. Appropriate punishment is deserved.

OK, celebration is actually good. Why can't you celebrate the success of civilization over evil here?

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Yep.

I'm noticing a lack of "animals destroying their own" comments in the freep comments.

I know full well Detroiters are capable of making life hard. That still doesn't give out of towners the ok to do shit like this and dump tires/boats where people are just trying to get by.
    Hell NO it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    How come they don't burn down the vacant homes in Warren? Warren has lost 60,000 people and there are plenty of vacant homes.
    Criminals ply their trade where they perceive less chance of getting caught.

If you wanted to do something without police watching you, which jurisdiction would you pick?

If you wanted to do something where your neighbors are less likely to call the cops, which jurisdiction would you pick?

They may have made a rational choice -- but good work by your federal government foiled them. Bravo! Is no one here upset that this wasn't done by DPD? So much for home rule.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post

If you wanted to do something without police watching you, which jurisdiction would you pick?

If you wanted to do something where your neighbors are less likely to call the cops, which jurisdiction would you pick?

They may have made a rational choice -- but good work by your federal government foiled them. Bravo! Is no one here upset that this wasn't done by DPD? So much for home rule.
    So you mean to tell me they don't target areas that have functioning police and fire departments and invloved citizens? That seems so racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post

I've said it before, If Detroit powers that be had worked like they were supposed to work, there would be no need for outside involvement. Be it law enforcement or EFM.

So you mean to tell me they don't target areas that have functioning police and fire departments and invloved citizens? That seems so racist.
    Enough, now you're just proving that you are nothing but a troll. But hey, at least you live in that mecca of Warren. Good for you, you've made it rich in this life.

Ah, yes. Beautiful, exciting Warren...... ZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Enough, now you're just proving that you are nothing but a troll. But hey, at least you live in that mecca of Warren. Good for you, you've made it rich in this life.
    You should come to my Mecca. It has working street lights. It still doesn't cover the basic principal that if Detroit didn't lack basic police and fire protection, arson would be much lower. Working street lights would also be helpful so arsonists wouldn't be working in the shadows. People like to bring down Warren but it seems like Detroit could learn something from Warren. I city that has lost a significant part of its population and has experienced increasing poverty and unemployment has managed to be functional, solvent, and relatively safe. Those things don't matter though. Warren doesn't have a strip of bars and restuarants.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    All he does is threadshit at this point.

You should come to my Mecca. It has working street lights. It still doesn't cover the basic principal that if Detroit didn't lack basic police and fire protection, arson would be much lower. Working street lights would also be helpful so arsonists wouldn't be working in the shadows. People like to bring down Warren but it seems like Detroit could learn something from Warren. I city that has lost a significant part of its population and has experienced increasing poverty and unemployment has managed to be functional, solvent, and relatively safe. Those things don't matter though. Warren doesn't have a strip of bars and restuarants.
    I've been to Warren many times. There is not a single thing there that would make me choose it over anywhere else in the metro region. If someone wants suburbia [[and functioning lights, PD, etc) there are dozens of reasonably priced options that would beat out Warren.

Sad thing is you seem to think that Warren isn't a shithole because it's better than Detroit. Hate to break it to you but your rear may not smell as bad as a homeless guys but I can assure you it still stinks.

What does Warren offer when compared to other suburbs: Average housing stock, declining population, limited amenities, average services, poor schools, declining property values. Should I go on? Congrats on your rear stinking a little less than Detroits. Good for you. You've made it!

You poison every single thread with your Warren shit. Enough already, nobody freaking cares. I'm glad I wasn't the first one to call you out, for once. Get a life. Oh wait, there's nothing to fucking do in Warren.

You seem to need to constantly reassure yourself by shitting all over every thread that Warren is somehow a desirable place just because it isn't Detroit. Detroit is fucked up beyond belief and everyone knows that. That doesn't make Warren nice, by any stretch of the imagination.

I held back on the Heidelberg Project thread when you were busily bashing Detroit and triumphing Warren. At least Detroit has art and cultural institutions. Like the one that Warren residents in their culture and wisdom voted not to fund.

This isn't a city vs. suburb thing, either. There are plenty of nice suburbs in this region. Warren isn't one of them.
    Last edited by poobert; May-10-13 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    You poison every single thread with your Warren shit. Enough already, nobody freaking cares. I'm glad I wasn't the first one to call you out, for once. Get a life. Oh wait, there's nothing to fucking do in Warren.
    I call BS on that. You can watch the streetlights come on....

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I call BS on that. You can watch the streetlights come on....
    Damn, that does sound pretty fulfilling. Clearly I was mistaken.

Shollin Guest

You seem to need to constantly reassure yourself by shitting all over every thread that Warren is somehow a desirable place just because it isn't Detroit. Detroit is fucked up beyond belief and everyone knows that. That doesn't make Warren nice, by any stretch of the imagination.

I held back on the Heidelberg Project thread when you were busily bashing Detroit and triumphing Warren. At least Detroit has art and cultural institutions. Like the one that Warren residents in their culture and wisdom voted not to fund.

This isn't a city vs. suburb thing, either. There are plenty of nice suburbs in this region. Warren isn't one of them.
    Ahh here's poobert with another temper tantrum with his swearing and insults. What happened, did I wake from your nap? Here let me get some juice and cookies for you. Oh wait, there isn't a store in Detroit to get those from.

Ahh here's poobert with another temper tantrum with his swearing and insults. What happened, did I wake from your nap? Here let me get some juice and cookies for you. Oh wait, there isn't a store in Detroit to get those from.
    Avalon Bakery.......

Good riddance to a scumbag. My only regret is that now we have to pay for him for the rest of his life.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    Avalon Bakery.......
    I shop at Meijer. I like Meijer brand apple juice.

Sorry, I know the schools suck there, along with everything, but were you unable to read and comprehend everybody else on this board calling you out for being an annoying little piss-ant troll?

"Swearing is an art form. You can express yourself much more exactly, much more succinctly, with properly used curse words." Coleman Young

Shollin Guest

Sorry, I know the schools suck there, along with everything, but were you unable to read and comprehend everybody else on this board calling you out for being an annoying little piss-ant troll?

"Swearing is an art form. You can express yourself much more exactly, much more succinctly, with properly used curse words." Coleman Young
    I never went to school in Warren. I went to Detroit Public Schools. I have only lived in Warren for about 4 months.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast