Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default *Spoiler Alert* Mad Men in Detroit

Don was trying to land the coveted Chevy account on this week's episode of Mad Men. This means Detroit. It was featured in the second half of the episode tonight. No outside shots of the city, but it was cool. Don and a rival creative exec find themselves drinking a bar. The building was supposed to be the old GM Building [[now Cadillac Place), but I read by a poster on Mad Men's Facebook page that they filmed in the Fisher Building. I wouldn't doubt they researched and just created a set in LA, but interesting nonetheless.

Posting this reminds me of the great Glee thread, but at least this time we didn't have to speculate it actually happened.

Too bad they are going to be working on the Chevy Vega.

Maybe they get the Nova account for Latin America?

Campbell-Ewald was mentioned in the episode last night. Very interesting.

Have they fimed here ? I dont remember hearing about it. I told my Boss if they start fliming here for next season i am going to have to quit so i can stalk them around town. LOVE this dang show.

I wondered about the Detroit bar in the episode. The look of the place reminded me of the old Topinka’s on the Boulevard, which was a block or two from the then-GM building. But it must have been a hotel bar. A Howard Johnson’s was across the street, but I was never in it [[except for the movie theater that ran “Harold and Maude” for years), so I dunno if it had a bar or what it looked like. And would those ad guys have stayed in a HoJo’s anyway? Any ideas on the bar?