Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I can't make this bull up

Detroit motor city clean up was today for our area. The matriarch for our area was out of town for super positive reasons, we are doing our big clean up in early June. So just a few thoughts, some us thought we will do a bit of work [[4 hours) I picked up garbage bags, city didn't provide them last year, did an amazing amount of work with just a few folk.

Decide to chill on our front porch, we look down the street where we did the clean up and some jerks dumped 5 mattresses some carpet and other crap.

I am still in shock and awe that these assholes thought they could dump in our neighborhood. Well they did.

We did dispose of the crap those people dumped. Area business said we could use their dumpster. After four hours of volunteer time last thing I wanted was to dispose of more shit. Serious how rude!

For negative.... against Detroit people ... We, in Islandview, take care of our community, mentor our kids and take care of issues that affect our community and take care of our elders.

I am so proud of my little piece of Detroit.

As we drove by, we noticed people with mattresses dumping them into the burned rowhouse at Kercheval and Field. I certainly don't hope that was your "solution." We almost stopped to say something but my buddy had to use the bathroom and we couldn't stop. My other thought was, "Dammit. Well, at least it's off the street."

If indeed it was an illegal dumping clean up, well...I guess...but it seems to me the best solution would have been to have hauled them somewhere discreet until bulk day in another two weeks. It's odd the Makeover occured without the usual involvement of city trucks as in years past.

I dunno, man. Thanks for getting the crap off the street, but putting it inside a wrecked building doesn't really seem like the best solution. I guess we do what we can.

Addendum: If, by some chance I didn't see correctly and in fact you were *removing* the mattresses from the rowhouse, well, great. If not, this isn't a matter of stirring any pots as much as it is hoping we don't promote more "solutions" like this. Remember the old service station at Charlevoix and Mc Dougall? Abandoned, then filled with trash year after year. One bag promotes more.

I know you were tired, too. Nevertheless...sigh...

I certainly don't hope that was your "solution"
    Guess you didn't read her whole post:

We did dispose of the crap those people dumped. Area business said we could use their dumpster.

Don't get shitty, Pam...don't use "guess" with me. What I saw wasn't what she described. I will wait for her response.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_c View Post
    Don't get shitty, Pam...don't use "guess" with me. What I saw wasn't what she described. I will wait for her response.
    I wasn't being shitty. I thought you didn't see that part of her post.

Thumper rabbit: "If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all!"

I don't know why that saying just popped into my head...........

Looks like a group of people on the same side getting caught in friendly fire.

I really wish someone had seen the people dump the mattresses & follow them home. That way they could have been returned with a note "You dropped your mattresses. Thought I'd return them properly... [[next time they come through your fucking window, dipshit.) Have a nice and beautiful day!"

"Looks like a group of people on the same side getting caught in friendly fire."

This, I'm sure, for lack of any better description.

As far as Thumper...not so much...gotta call out crap.

It is interesting though, because I was so irritated I came to the internet and the first place I thought to look was here. Go figure.

okay Eric, we did dump the out of area dump in the abandominiums on the corner. A calculated risk. We don't want to look at that crap til big trash day

We did pick up roughly 6 cy of trash. Just a few of us. Area businesses did help us with shit loads of trash to dump in their dumpsters.. Did you participate?

We don't want to look at it. We will haul it out for Big Trash day.

Hey come down and help. We do live in the same community. Do not start a pissing match with me.

Sumas

Lol! There's no pissing match, Sumas. I'll be at your door the night before Bulk Day to help you carry it all out of the rowhouse. I'll even try to bring a few people.

You did the right thing from the standpoint of beautification, but I guess we just would have handled it differently, that's all. Thanks for your work.

As far as did I volunteer? Every day of the week. In fact, I pick up the trash in front of your own home as well as all the others whenever I walk by to Payless or Sunoco. Have you ever thought to wonder why there isn't even so much as a gum wrapper on Field between Vernor and Charlevoix?

No pissing match, but I am a full time busy body when it comes to my home turf. I'm sure you feel me.

I feel a hug coming on...

I thought Sumas was banned from here?
    Her neighborhood has a "matriarch?" how does that figure into the dumping of mattresses in an abandoned house?
    I think Eric knows the real story and that's why sumas 'fessed up. The title of this thread [[her choice of wording) is interesting. I bet she made the whole thing up about mattresses being dumped right there in broad daylight while they were drinking lemonade. No, she knew they were seen so she ran over here and laid out her alibi.
    But she is caught.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I thought Sumas was banned from here?
    Her neighborhood has a "matriarch?" how does that figure into the dumping of mattresses in an abandoned house?
    I think Eric knows the real story and that's why sumas 'fessed up. The title of this thread [[her choice of wording) is interesting. I bet she made the whole thing up about mattresses being dumped right there in broad daylight while they were drinking lemonade. No, she knew they were seen so she ran over here and laid out her alibi.
    But she is caught.
    Besides being an armchair Admin... how is it that you know so much about what Sumas did or did not do? Are you psychic?

I've met Sumas at a few company picnics... and she's a decent person.
    Last edited by Gistok; May-05-13 at 01:10 AM.

This is such a DetroitYes way for a thread to turn out. I'm away from here for months and this is the first thread I see because it's promoted on the homepage. It seems for some of you, it's just like Detroit to not even be able to get an 'effing clean-up right without bitchy, petty back-biting. Jeeze. Everybody at everyone else's throats all the GD time.

Hey Eric, no issues, just friends and neighbors. I do love Islandview and my neighbors. Last year I wrote and got $$ grant money and I was never the fiduciary, so no.... I didn't make a cent personally.

Have grant request this year to benefit my neighborhood too. Hope we get it.

Last year, my block did 5 events. All included our area kids.

I stopped posting because people got evil and surprised to think folks thought I was banned. I am so Detroit Yes.

City Hall does not care but area residents do, the efm doesn't bother me a bit since the only thing the D cares about is the core. I stopped to think and I have written and awarded so many grants to assist our eastside area.

Eric and I have zippo issues ...questions asked and answered.

Classy move, Sumas. Not really a solution, is it?

It's unfortunate that you have dumping issues in Islandview, but aren't you sending the message that if you're gonna dump, its ok in some areas, but not others?

Hell, if you're going to these lengths, why not just burn the mattresses in an empty lot and leave the metal springs on the curb for the scrappers?

This "bull" would never fly in Woodbridge.

Dumping is just not cool. Beyond this thread some people ignore the bulk p/u days four times a year that come in the mail. A lot not far from me gets dumped on regularly with only a short respite where it was all removed and cleared out.

Signs were erected stating "NO DUMPING" which seemed to only advertise it as a perfect place to dump! So now it's piling up all over again. Often from folks taking stuff there the day 'after' bulk pick up day. Joy!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-06-13 at 03:13 AM.

I can't make this bull up Yet, apparently you did.

Damn. She took mattresses someone dumped & put them in a vacant house to get them off the street until bulk pickup day. What's the big damn deal? That she didn't take them home to infest her own yard with bedbugs?

Let's get out priorities together people... There are plenty of things going on that do harm to this city. This is NOT one of them.

I like Vodka in my lemonade. Now I remember why I stopped posting. I was angry someone dumped in my hood. Actually it was a neighbor who suggested we shove that shit in a vacant house. But actually, why should we have to look at it til big trash day.

Eric will tell you too. Islandview Village is a really great place to live. Field street has the absolute best neighbors.

We are members of the Detroit Eviction Defense Fund and have helped save 4 families from losing their homes on our street. Work on saving homes for people in other areas.

Appreciate the support and ignore the idiots on this thread. Just wish people could see, experience and feel the amazing community I live in. Detroit Yes is what I live. This area doesn't wait for city hall, we just do!

She says I never defend her. This time I will. The mattresses magically appeared. Sumas and a neighbor took an executive decision to make them disappear from view. I took a few photos but not of the executive action.

It was not the best decision, we agree. But it took the blight off the street. We will be removing them from the house prior to the May 24th Big Pick-up. Will appreciate Eric's help.

As was well said before, you do what you have to do.

This was not bull nor needs an alibi.

Bravo, Sumas and Ronj!!

okay, how sweet!!! my love, my life, defended me. He usually figures I am strong, but sometimes I am not.

He did say why do people love to hate you online? No clue. I love my city. I love my hood and a huge big finger to non residents who lurk and make rude comments. Sumas

Hope to see you sumas, ronaldj, stromberg2, jtf1972, Zacha341... and you too Honky Tonk... at the forum picnic... where I've met many of you in the past...

For some odd reason the Forum naysayers always seem to be busy that day...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast