Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Washington Post Article About Detroit

This appeared on the front page of today's print edition of the Washington Post. Given all of the hackneyed, doom-and-gloom articles written about Detroit, I actually like this article.

Although it acknowledges the city's obvious problems, it also mentions the pride and perseverance that exist in the city. Most of the typical tripe written about Detroit fails to mention that. I especially like the last paragraph of the article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2009040104436

Just gotta love those comments... Good to know what the country thinks about us

I'm hearing a lot of pro-Detroit sentiment here in Iowa, so much until I decided to start a thread.

If you continuously rag on a place, eventually people start to root for it. People like to root for the underdog. We've been the underdog of the nation for so long until it's nice to have fans...