Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Serial Rapist on loose

It appears that just when you thought things couldn't get any worse in Detroit, a serial rapist is on the loose on the East Side.
    Let's hope the cops step it up and catch this guy before anyone else gets hurt.

Is there a link to a news story or some other information that can provide some more detail? I work on the east side so I'd appreciate knowing any details.

MIRepublic Guest

Yes, it's simply common courtesy to try and provide a link to information like this.

Detroit police beef up patrol after 4 teens raped

Why are teenage girls walking the streets of Detroit alone at one and two AM?

Because their parents don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Because their parents don't care.
    ^^^ ....until some shit happens to them!

detroitjim Guest

Why are teenage girls walking the streets of Detroit alone at one and two AM?
    Out earning them a few dolla$ YOU KNOW!

Its difficult to believe that they are so naive, in this day, during these times ,that they will be safe hoofing it through the ghetto after midnight.

sure do wish the papers would print the description of the criminal. A "bald man driving a dark colored car" doesn't really narrow things down much. The one person it does rule out is Jjaba, he don't roll on the eastside.

MIRepublic Guest

What a bunch of terrible comments. It doesn't matter why they were out so late; no one deserves to be raped, and that's what a whole bunch of these comments smack of.

No one deserves it but sometimes people have to use some common sense in protecting themselves. I realize being stupid is not a crime but wake up gals!!
    It's like parents acting all surprised when their kids get run over after they've been playing in the streets.
    It's hard to have sympathy when people put themselves in harm's way.

Ed Golick...I had the exact same reaction when I heard the story on the news. What are those girls out there for in the middle of the night? Alone? I know what happened to them is not there fault, but you cannot use such poor judgement and place yourself in jeopary like that. Something bad might just happen to you if you do.

There is never an excuse for raping anyone. There is also never an excuse to run if front of a speeding 18 wheeler that is going down a very sharp downgrade either, lol.

I saw Channel 2 put this on the news. It blew me away. The news woman was reporting how they have a full description of the assailant, and if you tuned into Channel 2 news morning at 5:30 they would be showing it. I literally sat up out of bed and turned the tv off. The idea of withholding information for ratings is disgusting.

Just an FYI for ladies on the east side- according to the Channel 4 website this guy tried to attack another woman last night. The difference is this time she was driving in her car- he rammed her car to stop her, reached in through her window to unlock the door and dragged her out. Luckily she was able to get away.

They are recommending that if you are a woman in the area of the attacks and get hit by another car not to stop right away- try to get to a well-lit area with survellience cameras like a gas station before pulling over to exchange information.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19968651/detail.html

This guy obviously gets off work at 1:30. Every attack happens at 1:45.

Whose to say the guy even works at all, this could only be the time he picks cause the police response would be slow and no one would care cause you think the girls are all up to no good…. [[OUT TO MAKE MONEY.) I’m concerned for my mother and some of my female friends because he could always alter his pattern again and start going in houses or striking while most of us at work. He has switched once already. The people that do these crimes can’t tell between a hook and you grandmother, they are all the same ….WEAKER!

"They are recommending that if you are a woman in the area of the attacks and get hit by another car not to stop right away- try to get to a well-lit area with survellience cameras like a gas station before pulling over to exchange information."

They also included driving to the nearest police station in the "well-lit" category. The nearest police station to Tuesdays incident [[Nevada & Sherwood) is a mile away on Nevada east of Ryan. There are no streetlights working on Nevada, and the lights for the parking lot at the precinct are mostly out. I drove right by that precinct a month ago, at night, and had to make a U-turn when I realized I had passed it.

I live on the east side real close to those areas, and yesterday morning I was greeted by 3 police cars sitting out side my house, I didn't know till later after work they had been walking the neighborhoods. I was glad to see them but mad cause I had called them for sometime about other issues some related. They didn't want to talk too much about any thing but want to let us know they where in the area. May be they got some leads I don't know but the usual suspects all seems to be absent.

Saw this and thought I'd pass it on:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31962453...ws-detroit_mi/
    Right on!

The guy ALWAYS seems to strike at 1:40 - 1:50 am in the same area. Did this guy just get off the afternoon shift in the area ? That would be a good place to start looking. But police manpower is really low, so they can't set up a sting.

Sludgedaddy Guest

It is detestable when innocent victims are involved and forced to go against their will.

As far as working an afternoon shift is concerned, anyone working steady now is blessed. If anyone has a job at all, they certainly can afford the price of pussy, especially when many are reverting to the sex trade to make a few dollars.

The rapist is a perv and deserves to be caught and duly punished.

If anyone has a job at all, they certainly can afford the price of pussy, especially when many are reverting to the sex trade to make a few dollars
    Rape isn't motivated by sex, it's motivated by a desire to commit violence against women.

Ravine Guest

Pam, it is stunning, for it to be necessary for you to illuminate that fact, but since it was, thanks for doing so.
    Ungoddambelievable.
    You showed admirable restraint, by not asking what the current rate is.
    Last edited by Ravine; July-18-09 at 12:25 AM.