Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Microsoft Store to Open at Somerset

I know there was speculation/hope they might open downtown. Guess they decided to play it safe instead.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Follow the money...

M$ doesn't know how to be cool.

Down de' hall and around the corner from their friends: 'Apple'!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Follow the money...

M$ doesn't know how to be cool.

Shollin Guest

Was Microsoft aware that Somerset was dangerous and going downhill? Do they not know about the infamous grab and goes and how no one shops there anymore?

Microsoft will open a store in Downtown Detroit in 2042.

I predict that Microsoft will also operate stores in Bloomfield Hills, downtown Birmingham, downtown Royal Oak, Laurel Park Place, the Mall at Partridge Creek, Canton and downtown Wyandotte by the time we get to the decade The Jetsons takes place in.

ohh Kelly Clarkson! no Justin?

If nothing else, it will be a useful place to return your broken XBoxes for new ones, and to get crapware-free PCs [[MS Stores only sell PCs without all the extra 3rd party junk installed on them)

I get it now; detroit get the restaurants, bars, and liquor stores while we rejoice for their openings and the suburbs get the national retail stores and rejoices at Detroiters shoppings at them

I like the comment " or just go to best buy " LOL and why do they need a Microsoft store ?????
    oh btw I'm an apple user :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    I like the comment " or just go to best buy " LOL and why do they need a Microsoft store ?????
    Because it's the only place to get Windows PCs without all the crap installed on them [[Antivirus demos, game demos, Realplayer, buggy versions of Java, etc...)

Also, if you use windows phone, it's probably the only place with any hope of talking to an expert who actually uses the things.

Also, saying you can just go to Best Buy to buy a computer is kind of like saying you can just go to Radio Shack if you want to buy a stereo. The clerks will know nothing about them and you'll pay at least 25% too much.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I get it now; detroit get the restaurants, bars, and liquor stores while we rejoice for their openings and the suburbs get the national retail stores and rejoices at Detroiters shoppings at them
    If retail was proven successful in Detroit, retailers would move there. It's pretty simple. These are companies looking to make money. I also highly doubt that Detroiters are going to keep this Microsoft store or Somerset afloat.

Shollin Guest

They sell Macs at Best Buy too.

If they were going to put a store downtown, it would make sense to also put one at Somerset. Apple has stores at Somerset and 12 Oaks, so the precedent is there for more than one store of this type in the metro area. That said, I'm highly skeptical of the rumors about a Microsoft store downtown.

But I would not spend the arm-and-leg price they charge. But then I don't buy macs new at all anyway... nevermind......

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    They sell Macs at Best Buy too.

To have the viruses removed from the PC ala MS Explorer the grand gateway for viruses. Hah! ---- [[mac and PC user)

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    To have the viruses removed from the PC ala MS Explorer the grand gateway for viruses. Hah! ---- [[mac and PC user)
    Mac's get them too. When they do, it's major.

That's true... to kill a mac is to REALLY KILL it, dead-double dead. I wonder if I'm using my Mac on borrowed time........

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Mac's get them too. When they do, it's major.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's true... to kill a mac is to REALLY KILL it, dead-double dead. I wonder if I'm using my Mac on borrowed time........
    I'm referring to contracting a virus. Despite popular folk lore, Mac's get viruses, and because of their lack of popularity as a business tool, when they do, it's disaster. Make sure you have adequate virus protection on your machine.

^^^ Yep, I got you... I was talking about the resultant death of the infected mac due to a serious virus.