Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Skybar 33

Default Skybar 33

I know the Skybar opened on the ground floor of the Stott Tower downtown a couple summers ago. I've read in a few places that they've finally been able to get their "upstairs" lounge site Skybar 33 open on the 33rd floor. Is it really open? What kind of atmosphere is it? I'm looking at some bachelor party options for early July and thought the guys might get a real kick out of it. Has anyone been? Thanks for any help. [[I live out of state so I just can't wander down to take a look)

Yep, it's open and there is a place you can reserve up there that would be perfect for a bachelor party.

I'm told the Skybar closed. I went by there a couple of times in the past year but it was during the day and it was closed, but now I understand it is closed permanently, yet I have not seen any posts on this forum to confirm that. It would be a pity as that small square is one of t he coolest urban spaces and the Stott building is terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
    I'm told the Skybar closed. I went by there a couple of times in the past year but it was during the day and it was closed, but now I understand it is closed permanently, yet I have not seen any posts on this forum to confirm that. It would be a pity as that small square is one of t he coolest urban spaces and the Stott building is terrific.
    If it closed it had to have been in the last 3 days. My friend was there this past weekend and had a horrible experience apparently.

I went earlier in the summer, it's cool to check out but it's not worth the overpriced drinks and ......... clientele.

I have an event to go to there in a couple of weeks. Hope it's not closed. The ground floor space is overpriced and meh - at least you get a view at the overpriced 33rd floor spot.

If this is true...I wonder if this has anything to do with the Chinese investment firm that just purchased the building. They seem to have some pretty big rehab plans for the Stott and Freep buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    If it closed it had to have been in the last 3 days. My friend was there this past weekend and had a horrible experience apparently.

I went earlier in the summer, it's cool to check out but it's not worth the overpriced drinks and ......... clientele.
    Similar experience. Have been to two private events upstairs... nice, but I wasn't paying.

Been in the downstairs part for drinks. Happy hour prices were fine... the crowd became straight up DB and wanna be thuglife as we were heading out. Of course that is cleary the demo they are going for with all the silly bottle service, bouncers and 20 cover for the privilege of entry.

I second that if it closed, it must have been within the past 3 or 4 days. My friend wanted to reserve a room there for a party but was put off by the price [[$750-1250???)

The upper floor is only open Thurs - Sat at 6:00, and the last time we went, we were early and the lower floor had just opened at 5:00. It is not closed. Have not been there after 9:00 PM when the place gets crowded, the prices are high but the view is terrific.