Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Michael Symon opening another restaurant in Detroit

Michael Symon is opening his B Spot restaurant somewher in Detroit.

"The Iron Chef is bringing his burger restaurant called B Spot to the Motor City, according to a press release.

B Spot won the best burger in America distinction in 2010, 2011 and 2012 from the prestigious Sobe Wine and Food Festival.
    The burger lineup is impressive."

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ant-in-detroit

Awesome news. Roast is great, and I'm sure this will be too.

Pittsburgh is getting 6 B Spots

After the company first opened its Bar Symon restaurant at the Pittsburgh International Airport last August, the Cleveland-based Symon Restaurant Group is now scouting the region for what may eventually be four to six B Spot locations in the Pittsburgh.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburg....html?page=all

probably downtown or midtown , probably in a Dan Gilbert building ?

More Burgers? Everyone in town already serves a good burger.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYCR View Post
    More Burgers? Everyone in town already serves a good burger.
    There can never be too many burger options.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    I've eaten more burgers since I moved to Detroit at Xmas than I did in the previous 3 years and nearly every one has been delectable.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    Plus, this is a "specialty" place. As far as I know there aren't any of that mold in the greater downtown area. I'm not sure about Mercury though, never been there. Even if there is one or two around, a few of those wouldn't be a bad thing.

Michael Symon's is one of Dan Gilbert venture partners for many years. If he opens The B-Spot Burgers it will be in one of Dan Gilbert's Buildings. I'm looking at Either on the corner of E-Grand River St and Broadway Ave. or Library St. and Gratiot St.

Not too much more info, but it looks like they're planning to open multiple locations around the area:

Michael Symon, who is planning to bring his B Spot Burger chain to Metro Detroit, apparently is looking at several locations in the area.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...-metro-detroit