Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Mylocker.com to move 200 employees to new Detroit HQ

News from Crains today. Though its seems like a rather mundane office building, it's a win for Corktown. And of course I am not sure what type of space needs they have, which may require more than just offices.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20130501/NEWS/130509996/mylocker-to-move-200-employees-to-new-detroit-hq

It's actually mylocker.NET.

Cool news!

Quote Originally Posted by jolla View Post
    It's actually mylocker.NET.

Cool news!
    .com worked for me

uh oh, Fouts is going to be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    uh oh, Fouts is going to be pissed
    As will some on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by tkelly1986 View Post
    .com worked for me
    mylocker.com redirects to mylocker.net

To your question about space needs, tkelly:

Ok, we admit it. Our place is a bit odd

First, we're an Internet business located in the heart of Warren, Michigan, best known for automobiles and army defense. Next, we've converted a massive retail & office building into a huge open floor plan where our sales, service, tech & production are all doing the fung shui thing together.
    And more from their website:

On the surface, we do pretty normal stuff. Tees, hoodies, hats and the like. But our team has built some very cool technology that allows anyone to custom design their own school & team gear instantly on-screen. From their screen to our machine...and out the door in a couple days. We like to think of it as our own mini-revolution. When you join our team, it's not rocket science, but you'll be part of cutting-edge stuff that sure is fun.
    Their new location puts them kitty-corner to the National Dry Goods HQ. Interesting. I wonder if there's some connection between the two companies?

This area that they are moving to is going to be the next big boom area in Detroit. Lots of old warehousey type buildings, but stil right by Corktown and Downtown. Great place to get square feet on the cheap. I would expect more companies to move there and more residential development as well.

Regional growth and its best in Detroit.

This is the building?

@Downtownguy, National is on Trumbull. The article states the property is bounded by Rosa Parks, Abbott, and Porter.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 5.58.30 PM.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  43.7 KBName:  Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 5.58.30 PM.jpg
Size:  43.7 KB

The article says it's actually 4 buildings, so it's that one, and the larger warehouse buildings behind it. It's everything on that block except for the hotel on the east end of the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    This is the building?

@Downtownguy, National is on Trumbull. The article states the property is bounded by Rosa Parks, Abbott, and Porter.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 5.58.30 PM.jpg
Size:  43.7 KBName:  Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 5.58.30 PM.jpg
Size:  43.7 KB
    That appears to be one of the buildings mylocker is getting. But the National Dry Goods HQ that I referenced is on Trumbull. As Jason points out, they are getting four buildings on the block, with the exception of the Corktown Inn which fronts Trumbull. The article also references Trumbull as the fourth boundary in the rectangle, which is why i said National is kitty-corner at the southeast end.

Good news! Very 'burb-type location, for moving to the city.

If I am not mistaken, that large swath of "light industrial" was created by demolishing much of what was Corktown in the '60s - 70's. The places were mostly occupied until a few years ago, when I started to notice a lot of the places go vacant. They may not be pretty, but hey, ya gotta have jobs.