Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The mayor doesn't have the influence with the dictator he thought he would.

Really dumbfuck?

“I think Kevyn probably takes his lead more from Lansing than he does me at this point. I think he spends an inordinate amount of time with Lansing,”
    Oh my God.

Bing estimated that he spends about two hours a week with Orr: “I don’t think that’s enough. I think I can give him good advice. It’s up to him whether he accepts or rejects it.
    And the fact Bing has the brass balls to imply anyone should listen more to Detroiters.

Like when they elected you to be a MAYOR to serve with a council. Not a dictator, and not an advisor to one.

Like when the city overwhelmingly rejected this law.

Like when it was clear the citizens wanted you to fight the appointment of Snyders puppet. Which you made it seem as if you would, until you decided it would suit you better to make city council the straw boogiemen.

When he doesn't make it past the August primary can the citizens Apollo hook his ass out of town?

Bing needs to go back to [[and stay in) Franklin yesterday.

some great quotes here:

Bing said he had expected the EM to dive quickly into fixing Detroit’s balance sheet issues with long-term debt and pension liabilities. “But in 30 days I haven’t seen much change there. If there’s a plan being developed, I don’t know anything about it,” he said.
    Bing couldn't develop a plan to fix the balance sheet over the course of years, but he doesn't understand why the EM doesn't have it done in 30 days?

Instead, the mayor has been puzzled by Orr and the governor’s team’s apparent desire to move quickly toward hiring a new police chief to replace interim chief Chester Logan. “That’s not the highest thing on my agenda,” said Bing
    Yeah, where does this EM get off worrying about public safety?

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Oh my God.
    I've been willing to give Bing a break. I'm done. You may think those thoughts, but to say so? Not even politically smart.

When a new king arrives, you get what you want by working FOR the King. Not telling the King what to do. Channel their influence through you and get things done that will help your city. Helping the city is all that should matter. Doing so would indirectly benefit Bing.

How did this guy play basketball if he doesn't know how to play on a team?