Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Turkia Mullin awarded $750,000 in Metro Airport firing scandal

Per Freep update on my phone. No article yet.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Per Freep update on my phone. No article yet.

Just another reason why I have lost all respect for America's civil justice system.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; April-25-13 at 04:20 PM.

I wonder how much of it Ficano gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Just another reason why I have lost all respect for America's civil justice system.
    Just another reason why I have lost all respect for Bob Ficano.

There, fixed that for you

Here is the FREEP link:
    http://www.freep.com/article/2013042...-metro-airport

And her attorney was awarded $98,500, but not the $394,175 that was requested.

Thanks Again Bob!

Don't blame the justice system for failings of the legislators who allow our administrators to sign these ridiculous contracts. I don't know the legal details, but I would suspect that the court is simply saying that the payment was legal. That doesn't make it appropriate. Its not their job to judge what is appropriate or fair. Just what's legal and just.

CKLW jingle; and the cash just keeps on rollin'.....

The arbitrator, Paul Teranes.....isn't he blind? [[Not being flippant; a sincere question.)

Really, the attorney who drafted this contract and the people who approved it are at fault. All contracts statewide should be immediately reviewed and amended if necessary so this doesn't happen again. The contract is always construed against the drafter.

Disgusting, just sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Don't blame the justice system for failings of the legislators who allow our administrators to sign these ridiculous contracts. I don't know the legal details, but I would suspect that the court is simply saying that the payment was legal. That doesn't make it appropriate. Its not their job to judge what is appropriate or fair. Just what's legal and just.
    I agree. It should fall on those that agreed to the contracts terms. 99 percent of all civil servants don't get severance deals at all. Of those that may, none are as big as this one.

Umm, yeah the cash is really flowing free at this level isn't it? Fun for everyone, everyone in the 'click-and-tick' that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    And her attorney was awarded $98,500, but not the $394,175 that was requested.

Thanks Again Bob!
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-26-13 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I agree. It should fall on those that agreed to the contracts terms. 99 percent of all civil servants don't get severance deals at all. Of those that may, none are as big as this one.
    How do you reign in these bastards. Seems like power corrupts absolutely. How do you stop those in power from agreeing to stupid things for their benefit. This is a structural problem.

^^^ Yep. And in this case they are not even representing the republican elite!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I wonder how much of it Ficano gets?
    I wonder how much the Feds/State gets automatically in taxes to "redistribute"? $325,000?
    Last edited by coracle; April-26-13 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    How do you reign in these bastards. Seems like power corrupts absolutely. How do you stop those in power from agreeing to stupid things for their benefit. This is a structural problem.
    Put "everything" out for quotation. Cut out all, or as many "Public" employees as possible. Run it to make a profit to be used the next year; and if the leaders fail fire them on the spot; don't wait to vote them out. No years of tenure for anybody.

That is totally pitiful. That crook got away with 750k without pulling a trigger or running a scam. Mullin has robbed the folks of Wayne County taxpayers and Metro-Airport like a thief in the night.

And it just keeps getting better and better...

18 months later, perk Ficano said he'd end is still costing Wayne County

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/as-wayne-countys-troubles-deepen-ficano-fails-to-save-millions#ixzz2Raqk1hif

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by mtm View Post
    And it just keeps getting better and better...
    18 months later, perk Ficano said he'd end is still costing Wayne County
    What crappy reporting. No context at all. Just printed what she said without any questioning at all. So its not 'public' money. Airport money is private? Nah -- it comes out of our pockets.
    Terrible article.

Actually, it is private money. The airport authority is funded primarily by landing and gate fees. Tax money isn't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Strohs Brewery View Post
    Actually, it is private money. The airport authority is funded primarily by landing and gate fees. Tax money isn't involved.
    Quasi-public might be a better description. Hardly private. If it were private, Ficano wouldn't have been involved.

It is a quasi-public entity, but the money involved in paying the salary is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    The arbitrator, Paul Teranes.....isn't he blind? [[Not being flippant; a sincere question.)
    Here you go Ray...Whaler
    http://v-prod.com/can_you_PROD11.html

Am I connecting the dots correctly? The way I see it is that as Kwame = DWSD, then Ficano = Airport.

Both arranged for vastly-overpaid sycophants that they could manipulate to run those areas: Kwame & Victor Mercado and Ficano & Turkia Mullin.

Kwame then used Mercado to bid rig over-priced contracts for Bobbie Ferguson to set up the kickbacks. Seems a natural extension that Ficano would then use Mullin to get kickbacks from contractors and then do a little wealth redistribution to Ficano and the other insiders.

Is this what political “service” now looks like today?

This “pay to play” scheme has been repeated in Chicago and New York, so we are not alone.

Cannot wait for the rest of the FBI probe.

Karmic justice will have Turkia spending all that money on defense attorneys and leave her broke. One can only hope.

And now I hear that greedy _itch is going to try to recover the $200,000 severance pay they took away as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast