Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dave Bing to Run for Re-election

Per Crain's Facebook feed. No article, but it cites the AP and says more information to come.

Color me surprised.

EDIT: Article from Fox2:

Detroit Mayor Dave Bing is seeking his second four-year term leading the city that now operates under a state financial manager.

Bing picked up petitions Thursday afternoon at the city clerk's office for a spot on the August primary ballot. The top two vote-getters advance to November's general election.

He was silent for months on his re-election intentions as Detroit entered state oversight. Gov. Rick Snyder in March named bankruptcy attorney Kevyn Orr as Detroit's emergency manager.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22...zvFOQ.facebook
    Last edited by TexasT; April-25-13 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    Color me surprised.
    Why do people always have to bring color into the discussion.

Dave Bing is done. He really didn't do anything for Detroit other than surrender the city home rule seal to Synder, the Nerd. Lansing now rules Detroit. Kevin Orr is now our mayor. Bing WILL NOT run for re-election. He lose in the flash!

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Why do people always have to bring color into the discussion.

I thought he was only going to be a one term mayor? Amazing how power goes to these guys heads. Have to stay for the old "legacy". Why would anyone vote for him?

I am still not convinced that he will run. All he did today was pull petitions. He needs what 500 signatures which isn't much. Whats more critical and we don't know the answer is where the money is going to come from. I think a grass roots campaign is out of the question for him. I think he will play it all the way to the last minute and then state because of health reasons he will not run again. That way he saves face, and then the revisionist historians can talk about what a great mayor he was.
    Last edited by firstandten; April-25-13 at 04:03 PM.

He was just interviewed on WDIV, and said it's still up in the air if he runs. Adolph Mongo just clowned him and said " Mayor Bing, please don't run again"

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Adolph Mongo just clowned him and said " Mayor Bing, please don't run again"
    I wonder which candidate has hired Adolph Mongo -- when he says things like that there's usually a price tag attached.

Good, he gets to suffer a soul-crushing defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I wonder which candidate has hired Adolph Mongo -- when he says things like that there's usually a price tag attached.
    Either Benny Napolean or Mike Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Now that you mention it, you're probably right

You guys need a mayor that will make everyone angry....aka a mayor that no one agrees with because he Gets Stuff Done. I've been elected, I'm mayor, do as I say Because I'm the Mayor!!!!

Maybe Gilbert should just step in and do it pro bono. I wonder how much effort he would put into rebuilding nabes though...

Dan Gilbert won't for mayor of Detroit until 2025.