Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Something going on, on the Grand Trunk tracks.....

Just crossed the Grand Trunk railroad tracks [[Mack & Dequindre) a few minutes ago; very unusual scene.

A swarm of State Police [[State Police??) up on the land near the tracks; surrounding a group of gesturing folks [[young whites). Could have been supportive, not hostile, but maybe not.

Might have something to do with the new "container" hotel that is going to be built, as folks were celebrating raising crowd funds for that, this weekend - but I believe that structure will be near Gratiot.

But what I saw didn't seem like that at all...

Maybe the graffiti guys were all getting busted?

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    Just crossed the Grand Trunk railroad tracks [[Mack & Dequindre) a few minutes ago; very unusual scene.

A swarm of State Police [[State Police??) up on the land near the tracks; surrounding a group of gesturing folks [[young whites). Could have been supportive, not hostile, but maybe not.

Might have something to do with the new "container" hotel that is going to be built, as folks were celebrating raising crowd funds for that, this weekend - but I believe that structure will be near Gratiot.

But what I saw didn't seem like that at all...
    Maybe someone parked a Fire Truck on the tracks....

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    Maybe the graffiti guys were all getting busted?
    The MSP troopers arrested "GASM" this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    I hope that is true. I deplore graffiti a-holes.

What the hell do they do graffiti for anyways. Solely to make their environment look like crap?

GASM and his cohort ELMER once said this... "We can do what we want, paint what we want, whenever we want to"....

And then Karma rears its' ugly head....

I would pay to see those 2 get their due.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    GASM and his cohort ELMER once said this... "We can do what we want, paint what we want, whenever we want to"....

And then Karma rears its' ugly head....

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I hope that is true. I deplore graffiti a-holes.
    Wrapping your destruction of the property of others under cover of art is disingenuous Might be art. But it also is destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Wrapping your destruction of the property of others under cover of art is disingenuous Might be art. But it also is destruction.
    Exactly. How many grafitti "artists" tag their own homes? I mean since its such an artistic expression.

I guess nobody knows what's going on huh.

I guess not old guy...

Here's last years DYes thread on graffiti and Gasm is mentioned...

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...ist-in-Detroit

Huh, somehow I must have missed that entire thread. Must be getting old. Not like Ray old, but old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Exactly. How many grafitti "artists" tag their own homes? I mean since its such an artistic expression.
    They don't but they would come into Detroit to do it, go back home and make sure inner city kids don't go to the artists domain and return the favor

Has anyone else noticed that these jerks are now risking their lives to paint crap in the craziest of places? First I noticed the top of SW Detroit General, now I am noticing this junk on signs cantilevered over freeways! Bold and Stupid!
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; April-22-13 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Huh, somehow I must have missed that entire thread. Must be getting old. Not like Ray old, but old.
    Ray's not an old guy. He's a veteran young guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that this jerks are now risking their lives to paint crap in the craziest of places? First I noticed the top of SW Detroit General, now I am noticing this junk on signs cantilevered over freeways! Bold and Stupid!
    You forgot to add butt-ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You forgot to add butt-ugly.
    I agree but that is more of a qualitative thing. Has nothing to do with being bold and stupid

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post

Awesome news! I hope the prosecutors play this right and get some felony charges to stick

Shollin Guest

So does this Gasm character just write his name all over the city? I think I caught his handy work on 8 Mile by Sherwood. I don't know why some people feel they have to force their art on others. If we want to see his art we would go to his gallery but I guess he feels that is the city of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that these jerks are now risking their lives to paint crap in the craziest of places? First I noticed the top of SW Detroit General, now I am noticing this junk on signs cantilevered over freeways! Bold and Stupid!
    And in the dark, no less.